search results refuse to sort properly

ver 10.10.15.win.ddl.public (2487)

These search results should be sorted by date - but well 2012 does not come after 2013.... 

then  tried to sort by location (notebook - you should REALLY call it notebook... !) .. and ZERO response from the app.  

choosing by title sorts but that lil arrow NEVER moves to the chosen sort column. 

(also i cannot seem to search WITHIN a notebook anymore) - choose the note book stack.. search -- STILL searches all 12000 notes.. 

1085 found.. and i cant ... sort.. this is basic..  please stop adding new features and breaking basic, required tools. 

image.thumb.png.b46358dacd12422e7af020160dd5cbe4.png

1 hour ago, ciara_belle said:

(also i cannot seem to search WITHIN a notebook anymore) - choose the note book stack.. search -- STILL searches all 12000 notes.. 

I'm unclear whether you are trying to search within a notebook or a notebook stack or both. My answer here answers both questions:

1 hour ago, ciara_belle said:

These search results should be sorted by date - but well 2012 does not come after 2013.... 

then  tried to sort by location (notebook - you should REALLY call it notebook... !) .. and ZERO response from the app.  

You can't currently sort by location - I hope that will come back at some stage.

There is some information about problems with sorting search results here:

• 6 months later...

several updates later

this continues to be an issue - at least on win 10

now it sorts .. waits a few sec and reverts to  by date (my fav is when it resorts while you're trying to edit the note.. fun stuff)

I was sorting by name.

any plans on.. Fixing this evernote??

version

10.22.3-win-ddl-public (2958)
Editor: v132.1.16932
Service: v1.40.3

• Evernote Expert

If you have an issue which needs EN tech support them you should open a support ticket. These forums are largely users helping users. At least we try to help ;)

That said I don't see lots of support for the issue you describe. So a ticket could be your best bet.