Can't find Evernote Notes With Spotlight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 11:50 AM, Mimspkt said:

I really need this feature to come back... Spotlight is awesome, with Evernote it would be even better

I am continuously bothered by spotlight not searching evernote.  Slows me down and makes me have to hunt in multiple places whenever looking for anything.  At least 10 times a day I have to fiddle around to find things I could find instantly when spotlight could search Evernote. 

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Just an atrocity that an important function like this one that was offered in previous versions of Evernote has just been removed in v.10.

Now you have to search on both Spotlight and Evernote to locate your information.

It is a blasphemy really. And this happened not only in macOS but also in iOS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
16 hours ago, Thorz said:

Just an atrocity that an important function like this one that was offered in previous versions of Evernote has just been removed in v.10.

Now you have to search on both Spotlight and Evernote to locate your information.

It is a blasphemy really. And this happened not only in macOS but also in iOS!

A might melodramatic, particularly with what is going on in the world today..

image.png.ea3b274235beae3d10c01fb4bb331161.png

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 8/16/2021 at 4:55 PM, PinkElephant said:

Will you now plaster the whole forum with a repetition of always the same story ?

Posting once is ok, posting (logical) copies of the same is not.

Posting once doesn't get results any more than a protest with one person. The hope is that voices en masse will spur Evernote's one developer into doing something.

• Level 5

Flooding the forum with copies of the same post is against the forum code of conduct. It makes it difficult for other users to find what they are searching here, or post their own questions.

The only person getting attention when violating the code of conduct is the one abusing the forum. It is attention that can be terminal.

The devs don’t care …

18 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Flooding the forum with copies of the same post is against the forum code of conduct. It makes it difficult for other users to find what they are searching here, or post their own questions.

The only person getting attention when violating the code of conduct is the one abusing the forum. It is attention that can be terminal.

The devs don’t care …

It wasn't the same post, now that I remember I searched for this and after posting the first time I got a 404 error page. went back to the search results and posted wrongly on another topic about the same issue. I didn't know at the time that the first post had gone through. I apologize if my simple mistake hurted someone here.

With that said, I don't think that a different post that speaks about the same topic posted by error in another thread qualifies as abusing the forum, and that you say that this action can be terminal is IMO out of the scope for this situation. I have always respected you and all the members in this community and have never gone against the rules here in the many years I have been a member.

• 3 months later...

It would be great that spotlight (MacOS) might recover the ability to search within EverNote contents.  This would be a major improvement. I would strongly encourage the developers to try to recover this highly useful and time-saving functionality.

• Like 4
  • Level 5

If you manually check the EN database on your computer, you find out it does not really make much sense to have it searched by spotlight.

The Information is all there, but in my opinion not really and reliably readable. Especially scanned content would escape the search, which is all picture and no readable text. Searching it inside of EN will find it, since EN has it OCRed and saves the search data as metadata somewhere in the account.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, soundsgoodtome said:

Since you appreciate definitions…CF82FA7E-1C4D-46E4-95D5-C06AF6880EF8.thumb.jpeg.25c139988ce5e832bf711420bcfc1a95.jpeg

Thanks.  I particularly appreciate mis-typings.  The brain said mite and the fingers typed might.  🤣

Not the first time it has happened unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

Dear Evernote team, please understand something really really important:

Given: one of your product goals is for people to keep as much content as possibly within Evernote

Then: search MUST be a core (not secondary) feature-set which should occupy the top your stack rank priorities

Given: OSs (spotlight search on MacOS and iOS, for example) are becoming not good, but great for users to search for app contents

Then: OS search should be a top use case for your search backlog.

For what it's worth, this comes from someone with 10+ years PM experience, with int'l tech companies at 1st place in their categories; who once loved Evernote unconditionally and whose love fades away every day, going on new dates with new potencial partners.

Cheers.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, raonoy72 said:

Given: one of your product goals is for people to keep as much content as possibly within Evernote

Unfortunately another one of the product goals is to make EN cross platform so it consistent across all desktops and web and as close as possible to this on mobile. It also means we will see rapid updates and alot of new features (which of course we may not want). This trumps all other goals! Therefore requests for very OS specific options are likely to fall on deaf ears.

For me everthing worth searching for is in EN so the global shortcut key for search works well.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...