Make ability to indent images available (again)

richard-j-c

Idea

With v10 it is no longer possible to indent images. I use indented paragraphs a lot to express hierarchical dependencies between bits of information. Often I want to include images in those subordinate paragraphs, but images cannot be indented.

• Like 3

10 replies to this idea

You can't center or left align images anymore either. This is super frustrating from an aesthetic point of view. One use case where this is particularly annoying is when I use public notes to share information and I add a banner image or logo at the top to bring branding or visual appeal to the note. To not be able to have that centered is frustrating.

• Like 2

You can create a bullet under the indented paragraph and then drag and drop the image there. It's not the same as indenting an image since you have the bullet there, but it's close enough to the desired effect for me.

I'm also hopeful indenting and centering images will return and upvoted the feature request.

image.gif.4ce96c4eb6ba38eb4af00e54cea8fa13.gif

• Like 2

Came here to say this, premium user, suddenly find the Evernote app doesn't let me indent images. Who thought it was a good idea to remove that feature?!

Please resolve.

Thanks,

Curtis.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Why „should it be there“ ? Just because you believe it should ?

EN is a note taking app, no page Lay-out program. If you want full Lay-out control, use a word processor or page designer.

For better control over pictures you can add a table, and place the picture into a cell. Else it is just placed in the text flow, as it is usually done on any simple web site.

If you want to insist on your believe, you can send it directly to EN by the feedback function build into the clients. Maybe you think about better arguments than „…. it should“.

47 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

You can create a bullet under the indented paragraph and then drag and drop the image there. It's not the same as indenting an image since you have the bullet there, but it's close enough to the desired effect for me.

I'm also hopeful indenting and centering images will return and upvoted the feature request.

image.gif.4ce96c4eb6ba38eb4af00e54cea8fa13.gif

Thanks @Boot17, that is a usable work-around :)

Please bring this feature back

Just moved off OneNote back to Evernote (corp policy) and I'm very saddened this capability is now missing.

I won't be renewing my annual subscription if this "table-steak" feature continues to be missing.

• Level 5
On 8/31/2022 at 11:32 PM, gigaflop said:

….

I won't be renewing my annual subscription if this "table-steak" feature continues to be missing.

Your pressure potential by this announcement is zero. EN does not comment on their plans, but I doubt they will add anything to that list just to avoid a user dropping the subscription.

Aligning pictures other than left was mentioned before in the forum, but there was no stampede of other users joining the crowd. From the reaction I would read it may be important for some users, let us call them „the chosen few“ …

But you mentioned the solution as well (OK, it’s more a workaround): place a table into the note, align it, place the picture into the table cell. Pick the middle cell, mid aligned, done.