For several years I've used Evernote for a linked exercise calendar. I can't do that anymore because of this feature: when I copy and paste linked text, it expands the table to the size of the video.

bethriley

Idea

For several years I've used Evernote for a linked exercise calendar. I can't do that anymore because of this feature: when I copy and paste linked text, it expands the table to the size of the video. Until today, after I pasted the link, I would do undo and the table would go back to the size it had previously been. Now when I do undo, it takes away the video, but the table doesn't go back to the way it was. This would mean taking several minutes to fix the calendar every time I paste a link, which would obviously be ridiculous.

Why is this happening, and what are the chances of it being fixed? Apparently since I'm not a paid member I can't contact support directly. What can I do? This is so frustrating.

4 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, bethriley said:

What can I do? This is so frustrating.

Interesting. I assume these are YouTube links you are pasting into the table. The default is for the small preview with no way of changing it. You can then change the video you paste in from the three dots menu that appears if you click the grey header area but I agree that it does not resize the column. Pasting as plain text does not help.

There is a workaround. Insert a link using the editing menu (or ctrl-K on Windows). Type some text and paste the link into the link box. The column then only needs to be as wide as your text.

image.png.0656cd7b1f44cb9bef8072844d397401.png

25 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Interesting. I assume these are YouTube links you are pasting into the table. The default is for the small preview with no way of changing it. You can then change the video you paste in from the three dots menu that appears if you click the grey header area but I agree that it does not resize the column. Pasting as plain text does not help.

There is a workaround. Insert a link using the editing menu (or ctrl-K on Windows). Type some text and paste the link into the link box. The column then only needs to be as wide as your text.

image.png.0656cd7b1f44cb9bef8072844d397401.png

This does work. The only issue is that it takes a lot more time to copy a link and type out the text than what I'm used to doing, which is simply copying the linked text from one day on the calendar and pasting it onto another day. But it still takes less time than fixing the table. I guess I'll just have to live with it if I can't find a good replacement for Evernote.