The search only shows 128 items and if you delete a note it still appears

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm not sure of the limits on search hits,  but I'm sure it's greater than 128 - do you have more than that many notes containing your search term?  And search will tell you if a note in the Trash notebook contains your search data.  Empty the Trash to avoid that happening...

• Level 5*
On 3/29/2021 at 2:35 PM, agustinm said:

f you delete a note it still appears.

Search is run on the Evernote servers   
Did you allow time for the delete to sync?

hace 16 horas, gazumped dijo:

Hi.  I'm not sure of the limits on search hits,  but I'm sure it's greater than 128 - do you have more than that many notes containing your search term?  And search will tell you if a note in the Trash notebook contains your search data.  Empty the Trash to avoid that happening...

Yes. A search has 218 items, for example, if you try to select all of them show a warning that only 50 can be shown, then select the rest and, again, the same warning, then you can see that only 28 items are available. I can´t see the remaining 90 items (and they aren´t in the trash).

hace 16 horas, DTLow dijo:

Search is run on the Evernote servers   
Did you allow time for the delete to sync?

Sorry, it's not exactly that I had said, it isn't related to the delete.
I do a search in a notebook and with a tag. The search shows me the right notes that match criteria. If I move a note to another notebook this note not match the criteria, but still appears in the list.

16 minutes ago, agustinm said:

Yes. A search has 218 items, for example, if you try to select all of them show a warning that only 50 can be shown, then select the rest and, again, the same warning, then you can see that only 28 items are available. I can´t see the remaining 90 items (and they aren´t in the trash).

This seems to be another classic case of inconsistency between users. I did a search which got 314 results. Using your clever method for counting in 50s I counted exactly that number of notes.

9 minutes ago, agustinm said:

If I move a note to another notebook this note not match the criteria, but still appears in the list.

This has been an issue forever and at one stage there was a statement that it was being worked on. Unlike legacy if you change a note obtained using a search, such that it no longer meets the search criteria, it does not disappear from the list. In other words the search results are not dynamic. There is no search refresh button (but see below)  so you have to go back to a notebook or all notes and then run the search again. Obviously there is also the (now normally fairly short) time delay between making a change and that change being indexed.

You can do a reload (ctrl-R or ctrl click help -> troubleshooting -> reload) which, for me at least, is quite slow but does refresh the search.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Mike P said:

This has been an issue forever and at one stage there was a statement that it was being worked on.

@agustinm Found it. Release notes for 10.6.9

• Tag filter reindexing is now a lot faster. Add a tag to a note, filter by that tag and the note should near immediately be available via the filtered list (we’re still working on real time updates to tag filters that are active)  

On 31/3/2021 at 19:13, Mike P dijo:

This seems to be another classic case of inconsistency between users. I did a search which got 314 results. Using your clever method for counting in 50s I counted exactly that number of notes.

Really? I can´t believe it.

I just tried it in the web version, for curosity, and it also fails me.
  • Like 1
On 31/3/2021 at 19:22, Mike P dijo:

This has been an issue forever and at one stage there was a statement that it was being worked on. Unlike legacy if you change a note obtained using a search, such that it no longer meets the search criteria, it does not disappear from the list. In other words the search results are not dynamic. There is no search refresh button (but see below)  so you have to go back to a notebook or all notes and then run the search again. Obviously there is also the (now normally fairly short) time delay between making a change and that change being indexed.

You can do a reload (ctrl-R or ctrl click help -> troubleshooting -> reload) which, for me at least, is quite slow but does refresh the search.

Thank you, Mike. This workaround helps me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 23:10, agustinm dijo:

Really? I can´t believe it.

I just tried it in the web version, for curosity, and it also fails me.

I opened a support issue. They told me that is a known problem and they are working in it. The fails only happens with views: side and top lists.

• Thanks 1