Evernote for iOS version 10.7 Release notes

• Level 5

New:

• You can now change the background color and pattern for your sketches.
  • Stability and performance improvements.

Fixed:

• The ‘done’ and ‘undo’ buttons would sometimes get stuck behind the status bar at the top of your screen, but now they’ll stay within reach at all times.
  • The Reminders tab would sometimes disappear after you changed the sort options for a notebook, but not anymore.

Coming Soon:

• Home is a better way to start your day in Evernote, and it’s coming soon to iOS!
  • Thanks 5

Is that the only improvement in this upgrade?

With respect, LOVE Evernote and will be grateful for improvements re
1. easy continuity or reversion to single spacing, before during and after pasting anything - still happening
2. forced cut off, unsync main device and relog in to get password to upgrade 210311
3. evernote bug adding extra letters, repeated letters during attempts at simple and different edits - complaint/help request sent 1805?? 

Woohoo! I came here looking for help with filenames being truncated when files are shared via the share sheet in 10.6. I noticed there is an update to 10.7 so I installed it and tested sharing a file. The filenames no longer appear to be truncated.

Thank you.

Now, if I could just figure out how to update a file name. Let me give you an example of why that is helpful:

1. With an iOS app, open a document (such as a credit card statement) that I want to put into Evernote.
  2. The app names the March 2021 statement PDF with a name similar to 249b3802-91c8-11eb-a8b3-0242ac130003.pdf
  3. I want to put that in Evernote, but the name is useless both for the note and the file (in case I need to download the file later).
  4. If I share the file into Evernote, I can certainly fix the title, but not the filename.

Thanks again for fixing the filename truncation,

Marty

5 hours ago, evernmmb said:

Where can I install the iOs version - newbie here! Do I need testflight?

Thanks.

This thread is for the production version of the iOS thread, so you should be able to just download it from the App Store.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, evernmmb said:

Can you pint me to the beta thread? Thanks.

Here is the link to the Public Beta threads.

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/710-public-betas/

I would start there. If you are in the Early Access Program you'll need to contact @Shane D. for access. They are different programs.

If you are wanting to test the apps and haven't signed up yet, you can do so here.

https://evernote.com/earlyaccess

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Yes the Home feature is nice. But I also had some annoying problems:

• I added some notes with tags in the iOS app. About half of them don't appear in a search for the tag in all clients (iOS, Mac, Web)
  • When using the iPad sideways (horizontal) I cannot use the menu which opens after clicking "+", e.g. for adding an attachment. It is covered by the keyboard. When closing the keyboard it disappears as well. It only works for the vertical orientation of the iPad.
On 4/16/2021 at 2:45 AM, Stuhrer said:

When using the iPad sideways (horizontal) I cannot use the menu which opens after clicking "+", e.g. for adding an attachment. It is covered by the keyboard. When closing the keyboard it disappears as well. It only works for the vertical orientation of the iPad.

I have this same problem in landscape mode at times - not always though. And this is on an iPad Air 4. I was able to get a screen recording and share it with EN. Hopefully we see a fix in the near future. 

• Like 1
On 4/8/2021 at 2:09 PM, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Here is the link to the Public Beta threads.

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/710-public-betas/

I would start there. If you are in the Early Access Program you'll need to contact @Shane D. for access. They are different programs.

If you are wanting to test the apps and haven't signed up yet, you can do so here.

https://evernote.com/earlyaccess

Hi, Vids on YouTube show the updated IOS......... Yet, it's not showing up on my Evernote on IPhone? 

26 minutes ago, Sjaak said:

I've tried to upgrade but no dice. No Home  in my version as of today 4-18

I'm not sure how to fix that. Just a fellow user. @Shane D. are there known issues on not being able to upgrade to the Home version? @Sjaak You might need a certain iOS version to upgrade, but I'm not sure.

1 minute ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

I'm not sure how to do that. Just a fellow user. @Shane D. are there known issues on not being able to upgrade to the Home version? @Sjaak You might need a certain iOS version to upgrade, but I'm not sure.

Got the latest IOS version. Looked in "apps" see if an upgrade is available. None for now. *paid subscriber. 

Thanks for your input............

• Shane D. unpinned and unfeatured this topic