Jump to content

Emails from a specific email host and domain are not reaching my Evernote email address.


Recommended Posts

I am having the following issue(s).  Emails and document scans are not reaching my Evernote email address. Here are the finer points: This issue revolves around a specific domain/host and emails emanating from that domain/host. The emails do not arrive from a specific address when I use the mail client "Mailbird." However when I use webmail supplied by our email host, the emails deliver every single time. When I scan documents from a Canon Multi-function machine to my Evernote email address, again over the same domain and host, the scans do not arrive. When I send email from the email address used for our scans via webmail, they arrive every time. I am happy to provide more details if they are required.

I have also tested these processes from other email addresses and domains, the emails arrive every time.  When I scan documents from another multi-function machine through a separate domain and address, they arrive every time. I contacted the problematic email host and they watched the logs in real time. The emails show leaving  with no error reports generated. I have an open ticket with Support, but they are moving very slowly.

I am happy to provide more details if they are required.

 

Link to post
  • Level 5*
19 hours ago, Norman Shorts said:

However when I use webmail supplied by our email host, the emails deliver every single time.

Hi.  This is a (mainly) user-supported Forum and we have no access to mail servers or account details.  My best advice would have been 'use a different mail sender' which you've already discovered.  Support will look into this for you,  and they're the best people to do so.  I can't imagine how many emails Evernote receives on a daily basis,  but it's going to be a lot  If your mail sender is not a mainstream hub it may take a while to examine exactly what they're receiving from there.  Best advice is 'be patient!'.

Link to post

To be patient is OK. But we should talk about the problem to collect experiences that might help to solve the problem or give it some priority among others... 

I and some other users of Fiterize found that emails from Fiterize to Evernote do NOT reach desired folders at Evernote. Mails from my account to Evernote are OK. 

Looks like some sending servers are blacklisted on EN site. This is unacceptable (if it is true).

Using blacklists is OK to block spammers. But there should be a whitelist available to override blacklists that are maintained on foreign sites in some cases.

The current problem (at least with Fiterize) lasts since many days and EN support is aware of this. We should get an official explanation of what is going on at EN. 

Link to post
  • Level 5*
2 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

We should get an official explanation of what is going on at EN. 

I'm also a Filterize user,  but I haven't noticed any issues.  If you've reported this to Evernote Support,  ask them for an update.  They won't publish any kind of generic explanation here,  but they should update you on your individual issue.

Link to post

Not an isolated experience

I get the same error when emailing from a personal address to my ****@m.evernote.com email address. Has been happening for a number of days 

the send email is from my personal domain, which is hosted by Ionos (previously known as oneandone.) 

 

I haven't yet been able to work out how to log there issue with Evernote support directly

Link to post

Update: It appears that my host is does not have the DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy not enabled causing Evernote's spam filters to flag the inbound email and or scans. We are working this issue right now.

I will post the results as they become available. Thanks for everyone's continued input.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Update 2:  Working with Evernote's support resolved this issue.  "Recent updates to their forwarding service, relating to account protection, prevented delivery of certain messages from certain domains." The outage is resolved and I am now receiving all scans and emails to my Evernote email address. Thanks to those who offered input on this thread.  Appreciate Evernote seeing this through to completion. A side note: Updating and correcting the DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy did not resolve the issue. However it did eliminate it from the list of possible causes.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Evernote has without any information to or consent from customers suddenly applied filtering of mails coming from auto forwarding mail services. This has for us, and many others,  meant that suddenly the flow of mails came to more or less a complete stop. We have used a lot of time and ressources to find out what was happening before Evernote finally admitted that they had applied this mail filtering at their servers.

This has been due to as they write "....when we made some updates to our email forwarding service to protect customer accounts,...". We have good spam filtering on our mail forwarder and have not seen even a single spam mail being forwarded to our Evernote account, so I doubt this should be the real reason.

Evernote owes all customers who have been affected by this an apology, and they should immediately remove this filtering for all accounts.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, mlu said:

they should immediately remove this filtering for all accounts.

? You prefer receiving spam ? - Please see posts above. By working with Evernote it should be possible to reinstate your mail forwarding.

Link to post
9 minutes ago, gazumped said:

? You prefer receiving spam ? - Please see posts above. By working with Evernote it should be possible to reinstate your mail forwarding.

I'd say you don't know what you are talking about here. Evernote has throw away millions of emails without informing customers or getting their consent. When handling spam in email the spam is made visual, so you can check and take action on the mails classified as spam and take corrective action. Here Evernote just throws away emails and some day you find out about and start wondering what is going on. Bad!

So yes, I would prefer to handle the spam myself and let Evernote run a storage service with no hidden surprises. But in my case there have been absolutely no spam mail prior to this - they have been filtered away in the forwarding mail server where I can see what has taken place.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
17 minutes ago, mlu said:

Evernote has throw away millions of emails without informing customers

I forward emails from my Gmail accounts to Evernote.  I have to set up 'rules' for each incoming email - so I know exactly what emails I expect to see in my account.  I could easily check Gmail to see what has been forwarded If I had any doubts about mail being received.  

Evernote is providing you with the same protection that most mail servers offer - there are automatic checks on the internet to see who is sending out spam, and lists which mail servers can use to block transfers from some sources.  I do know (because I've been doing this sort of thing for around 40 years now) that I would receive hundreds of unwanted emails per day were it not for this sort of protection. 

My Gmail spam folder still traps about 80 emails per day with promises to make me richer / slimmer / hairier and less deaf (amongst many other things...).

If you don't require their protection,  then why not stop automatically forwarding emails to your Evernote account, and maybe do so manually so you know what you expect to receive?

 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, gazumped said:

I forward emails from my Gmail accounts to Evernote.  I have to set up 'rules' for each incoming email - so I know exactly what emails I expect to see in my account.  I could easily check Gmail to see what has been forwarded If I had any doubts about mail being received.  

Evernote is providing you with the same protection that most mail servers offer - there are automatic checks on the internet to see who is sending out spam, and lists which mail servers can use to block transfers from some sources.  I do know (because I've been doing this sort of thing for around 40 years now) that I would receive hundreds of unwanted emails per day were it not for this sort of protection. 

My Gmail spam folder still traps about 80 emails per day with promises to make me richer / slimmer / hairier and less deaf (amongst many other things...).

If you don't require their protection,  then why not stop automatically forwarding emails to your Evernote account, and maybe do so manually so you know what you expect to receive?

 

You are completely missing the point. What you do by forwarding directly to you account works fine. Also for me.  Evernote is throwing away emails - including millions of non-spam - emails. This is simply not o.k. There is no way to see what they are throwing away. Period.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, mlu said:

Evernote is throwing away emails - including millions of non-spam - emails

I am definitely confused - where are these emails coming from if not forwarded to the account email address?  And how do you know that millions are being blocked?

  • Like 2
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...