Can I create a link in Evernote for Mac that will open another app on my machine?

I am loving the new Home feature. I have my daily journal template in the Pinned Note. Very convenient.

Is it possible to put a link in this note that when clicked will open another app on my computer? I want to open my task manager directly from my daily Journal note. My task manager is GoodTasks.

It would be a link in my journal template like "GoodTasks" that opens Goodtasks.

9 hours ago, snsokstan said:

Is it possible to put a link in this note that when clicked will open another app on my computer?

I don't know but you can do it on Windows by simply attaching a shortcut to the program file to a note so I'm sure it will be possible on Mac as well.

In MacOS, we have aliases. I created an alias to the Goodtasks app. The alias works when it exists as a file. But if I paste it into an EN note, it doesn't open the app. Instead it opens a Terminal window with some code in it.

IOW, opening it doesn't do anything except opening the alias to expose its code.

• Level 5*
On 3/27/2021 at 3:54 PM, snsokstan said:

Is it possible to put a link in this note that when clicked will open another app on my computer?

Using Evernote Legacy, I have links such as file:///System/Applications/Reminders.app

Evernote Version 10 is still missing this file link functionality