Set default starting note

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

How do I change the starting note in Evernote 10.10.5? One particular note with old content is displayed every time I start Evernote. I would like to change this to another note with more useful content. Even better would be to start with Home. The object is to have a useful starting place for my day's work.

• Solution
4 minutes ago, Mats Geijer said:

How do I change the starting note in Evernote 10.10.5? One particular note with old content is displayed every time I start Evernote. I would like to change this to another note with more useful content. Even better would be to start with Home. The object is to have a useful starting place for my day's work.

How EN decides the initial view when you open it is a bit of a mystery! I don't know what platform you are using. On Windows I have found that it will normally remember where I left off if I close the app and close it from the elephant icon in the taskbar. Don't rely on Windows closing the background processes sensibly when you shut down Windows. This isn't exactly what you are asking but it should stop EN's preoccupation with your old note. It does seem strange that EN have invested all this time and effort into "Home" but there is no option to always open in Home. Don't forget there is a useful shortcut to home (alt-ctrl-1 on Windows)

1 hour ago, Mats Geijer said:

How do I change the starting note in Evernote 10.10.5?

Just one other thought. You can access your shortcuts with the keyboard shortcut ctrl-<number> where number is it's position in the favourites list. So if you create a shortcut to your "starting note" and drag the shortcut to the top of the list you can go straight to it by pressing ctrl-1. Again, not want you asked for but a relatively easy workaround especially if you want to return to that note several times during the day.

image.png.ca49b95135cac1d86be2e1e96085380d.png

• Like 1