How can I create table of contents within a note, not from multiple notes

How can I create table of contents within a note, not from multiple notes?

Similar feature you have in Word document. I have a page with contents in it. Can Evernote create a table of contents within that page only? 

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, hotsalami said:

How can I create table of contents within a note, not from multiple notes?

Hi.  Not yet.  Evernote doesn't (so far) provide a means of linking to locations within one note.  Depending on your use case it's always possible to split a very long document into relevant sections as individual notes linked together by the title - "001 How to get started with Fusion Power"-to- "309 How to get started with Fusion Power" foristance. 

Search the title phrase and copy the list of names and internal links.  Copy the ToC to a new note and add some introduction / explanation and you have your index. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
20 hours ago, hotsalami said:

How can I create table of contents within a note  ...  Similar feature you have in Word document.

Instead of the Evernote editor, use MS Word   
Store the document as a note attachment file

• Like 2

thanks for the ideas, suggestions.

Any thoughts on when Evernote will have this table of contents feature (if at all)? I thought Evernote page is designed as an HTML page that allows linking/bookmarking within it.

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, hotsalami said:

Any thoughts on when Evernote will have this table of contents feature (if at all)?

Unless and until it's found in 'coming soon' announcements,  we'll never know whether or when it might appear - Evernote is (usually) famously close-mouthed about features in development.

• Thanks 1
On 3/27/2021 at 10:45 AM, hotsalami said:

thanks for the ideas, suggestions.

Any thoughts on when Evernote will have this table of contents feature (if at all)? I thought Evernote page is designed as an HTML page that allows linking/bookmarking within it.

just create a new thread in the „feature requests“ section of the forums 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5

You are probably right that the multiple feature request threads are misleading. To ask for using another thread does not really makes sense.

If you think treads should be merged, you can ask one of the forum moderators to do so.