[Fixed in Version 10.9] Exporting or downloading an attachment from Evernote Mobile (Android)

MOb

Idea

I have pdf attachments in many of my notes, sometimes I'd like to download them (since evernote viewer doesn't even have a search option within pdf).

But there is no such option, I can try to share it but it only gives: 

file:///data/user/0/com.evernote/cache/evernoteCache/204560703/noteStore/699ef0d696c7e070a0b34d1ae6486709/e2784a105cc0603abe68aab76dfdadbf

So I can't even email a pdf to myself...

Is there a workaround?

16 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi All,

We believe this issue has been fixed in our most recent update, Version 10.9.

You can learn more here:

To further clarify, this was an Android specific issue, and should not be affecting iOS.

If you notice similar issues with iOS, please start a new thread in the correct forum.

At this time, I am closing this thread.

If you have a new/different issue, please start a new thread.

Thank you.

14 hours ago, nthdgreee said:

Thanks for the reply. 

Your instructions are similar to my #1, we just got there two different ways. Tapping on the pdf gives me the blue frame with the same options as you including the  download arrow and 3 dots etc. It indeed does look like it's going to save the pdf with my original name and everything BUT the file that is actually saved to my phone . Once I hit "Save" it puts it on my phone BUT the pdf file will not open. The phone says it's an Invalid format. If I copy that same file to Google Drive it also does not open. If I copy it to my PC it says it's corrupted. 

The real pdf is 5.9 mb in size. The file that Evernote downloaded and saved from my phone is 1024 kb . It doesn't seem to be converting/copying the file correctly. The pdf is fine when taking it directly from Evernote on my PC.  

It doesn't work for me either. This looks like a bug on Evernote Android. can you report it to evernote?

On 3/26/2021 at 3:55 AM, MOb said:

Thanks for reply, sadly ther is no Legacy version on Android

There is no legacy version. But if you can't get EN 10.6 to work you can revert manually by downloading the last stable version 8.13.3 from an archive link Evernote support offered to another user (see below).

After a complete sync uninstall. Restart your device, deactivate automatic updates on play store (important).
Last step is to manually install the apk.
If you keep the old APK in your downloads you can easily try out new versions later and - if necessary - roll back again if the bugs still haven't gone.

The other day while using my phone I tried to download a pdf to my phones local storage from out of one of my notes but can't seem to get it to work. Here's what I tried.

1. I display note containing the pdf. Long press the pdf attachment. An option pops up with a download arrow button. This seems to provide the download, saving it to my phone BUT the file created on my phone is a 1.00 kb file that does not open. 

2. I then tried the Share/Export and More option and selected Gmail hoping I could email the pdf but all that did was send some weird link to the email. Here's part of it.

file:///data/user/0/com.evernote/cache/evernoteCache/5724912/noteStore/51d0cab......

3.I am able to view the pdf from within the note and was hoping there was an option to "Save" or download the attachment from there but that doesn't seem to be the case. There is an Up Arrow in the top right corner but that just appears to be another link to the same share options from number 2 above. I did try selecting Google Drive as an option this time around and it saved a file to my google Drive but it was called NeutronShare:applications/pdf and cannot be opened. 

So, if I only have my phone with me and I need to pull or copy an actual pdf attachment from one of my notes how would I do that? I don't want to SHARE the Note itself I just need to get the attachment. In this case I had to get to a computer and pull the pdf from there. 

Thanks for the help.

Steve

Samsung Note 10 +

Evernote v10.8.2          

• Level 5

This is how it works with iOS. The mobile clients are said to be quite similar:

• Open the note with the pdf
  • Tap the blue edit button
  • Now (!) tap on the pdf. It gets a blue frame, and the download option appears (down arrow plus another menu option behind the 3 dots).

The download designation can’t be picked - it always loads the attachment into the Evernote default folder in the files app. This is on iOS - maybe somebody with an Android will check.

25C503C4-49DE-496D-A5BF-AE619A470E74.thumb.jpeg.aa753c707327c0d43af231769fbfdabd.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. 

Your instructions are similar to my #1, we just got there two different ways. Tapping on the pdf gives me the blue frame with the same options as you including the  download arrow and 3 dots etc. It indeed does look like it's going to save the pdf with my original name and everything BUT the file that is actually saved to my phone . Once I hit "Save" it puts it on my phone BUT the pdf file will not open. The phone says it's an Invalid format. If I copy that same file to Google Drive it also does not open. If I copy it to my PC it says it's corrupted. 

The real pdf is 5.9 mb in size. The file that Evernote downloaded and saved from my phone is 1024 kb . It doesn't seem to be converting/copying the file correctly. The pdf is fine when taking it directly from Evernote on my PC.  

Since new version of evernote, I can take pictures and save them to note with no problem, however when I download a picture to my android phone (version 10), the file shows up but when I try to open it I get "couldn't open file". Running a business here and sure would appreciate any help. Long time Evernote customer and getting frustrated. Thank you!

• Like 1

For me it is the same. When I want download/export image files  (pdf/jpg) on Android (newst version of App update in April) it downloads only 1024 bytes. When I want to share image only link is shared like this:

file:///data/user/0/com.evernote/cache/evernoteCache/.................

Hey Evernote developers, please repair that BUG.

• Confused 1
On 4/23/2021 at 11:00 PM, ehrt74 said:

It doesn't work for me either. This looks like a bug on Evernote Android. can you report it to evernote?

If it can be reported I'm not sure where to do it. If anyone knows or can pass along a link that would be great.  

5 hours ago, Alxa said:

Evernote just announced version 10.9 which should address the image downloading bug. Could anyone confirm, who has got the update early? 

Just installed 10.9 and it seems to be working. I can now go into a note, select an attached pdf file and download it to my phone. Once I navigate to the download location and select, the file opens up just fine. 

• Like 2