[Fixed in Version 10.11.5] Perpetual loading screen (Evernote doesn't load)

leflerwr

Idea

Windows 10 on my desktop machine now give perpetual loading screen when launching evernote. Tried uninstall/reinstall. Same issue.

Web works - I can see all my notes

Work laptop (also Win 10) works fine as well.

image.png.9b4e26284cdc001c6b0c576a133d710d.png

26 replies to this idea

Since updating to the same version as leflerwr today I'm also stuck on the boot up screen. As this renders the App useless, I hope you can fix this ASAP. Thank you.

Edit: I am using a Surface Laptop 2, reinstalling does not solve the issue.
image.thumb.png.c288748b3fb24cc250d1969c53590a84.pngimage.png.d287049598e34222e9f5b18a9c6f0f68.png

Edited by js_
additional info
  • Ex Employees

Thanks for these reports.  We are looking into this now. Please continue to use Evernote Web to access your notes while we work on a fix. 

May we have your logs? Please Select: Help > Activity Log > Save As, and send them to me in a DM here. Thanks. 

Sent you a dm, just now. Also, a thank you to you and rest of the staff for offering an almost identical experience on web. Definitely makes it less inconvenient.

Unfortunately, this problem also occurs for me in 10.9, which is strange. I used the Windows version just last Sunday without any issue whatsoever. I just happened to notice yesterday that there was an Evernote update, installed it, and ran into the issue ever since.
image.thumb.png.733819e66316307631929ddb95daf5f2.png

Some Info on the machine I'm running:
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz   1.80 GHz
Installed RAM    8.00 GB
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition    Windows 10 Education
Version    20H2
OS build    19042.870
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

The Windows update history doesn't show any updates installed between Sunday and Yesterday except for a wifi driver I had to reinstall. I hope you can figure this one out, glad for your help anyways, thanks.

• Ex Employees

Thanks for the confirmation that the issue continues after reinstalling version 10.9. Please try these steps to fix this. 

1. Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys to open the task manager 
2. Select "More Details" to view the background processes
3. Select any processes with "Evernote" in the title, and end them
4. Open Windows Explorer
5.  Paste %appdata% in the window header and press Enter
6. Rename the "Evernote" Folder to "Z_Evernote"
7. Open Evernote and sign in

Please let us know if that fixes the issue. Thanks again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

This fix didn't work for me. Uninstalling and restarting... again. I have 10.10.5, 10.9.10, or 10.8.5 to choose from in my downloads. None will launch. I get the loading bar, and tips flashing beneath it, but it won't completely load.

• Like 1

As soon I upgraded my EN version with latest one. It is giving problems with launching. It just keeps loading. The circular pointer just keeps rotating around elephant. That's it. It is not showing the main content at all. I am frustrated as every time I have to make notes using Evernote web.

Screenshot (26).png

• Ex Employees

Thanks everyone for these reports.  I've merged some others posts into this existing thread.

We're looking into this now. Please try these steps as a workaround while we investigate. 

On 3/29/2021 at 11:27 AM, Austin G said:

Thanks for the confirmation that the issue continues after reinstalling version 10.9. Please try these steps to fix this. 

1. Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys to open the task manager 
2. Select "More Details" to view the background processes
3. Select any processes with "Evernote" in the title, and end them
4. Open Windows Explorer
5.  Paste %appdata% in the window header and press Enter
6. Rename the "Evernote" Folder to "Z_Evernote"
7. Open Evernote and sign in

Please let us know if that fixes the issue. Thanks again. 

You guys did it again.  Installed updated 10.10.5 and now when I start EVERNOTE DESKTOP APP it won't display my notes.  

It is about every other update that is does this.  Getting really tired of this...  

2021-04-06_10.10.5 update blank screen AGAIN.png

• Ex Employees
2 hours ago, Costy1169 said:

You guys did it again.  Installed updated 10.10.5 and now when I start EVERNOTE DESKTOP APP it won't display my notes.  

It is about every other update that is does this.  Getting really tired of this...  

2021-04-06_10.10.5 update blank screen AGAIN.png

Thanks for the report. There's a separate thread for the issue where the app window is blank. This thread is specific to the app stuck on the loading screen.

Please use the steps to solve the blank app window: 

image.png.965abaadd157be56fcaddc62788fae40.png

done, working after the never-ending loading screen, i tried austin's help and now i can sign into google, however, i hope that the team can add the list of to-do:

image.png.7e27c2a04b4f4d75685f306fe0a8449b.png

i'm not sure whether to add the name there, but somehow pls add this dialogue box in the loading screen for those who have an internet connection when they are at that loading page. I hope there is a way to do it, add the dialogue box to the loading screen somehow and this will definitely save some users from giving up Evernote. Thanks!

Hello. After upgrade to 10.10.5 I was stuck on loading screen. After following the steps above I am stuck on the "upgrade" screen. My choice is to sign out, unsynch a device or upgrade. I can't get to my notes.

What is the solution for this? It's been over a week since I was able to get to my notes on my pc.

image.png.36a101a9d200e5906d9b0accd006c9e6.png

The solution from Austin G (Evernote) on 3/31 does work, HOWEVER, beware that your program will still ask you if you want to run an update each time you start the program.

Evernote needs to send an email to all users advising when there is an actual WORKING update:  there's no way to know with the update request whether it's the current broken update or a good/working one.