Version 10 for Windows - Thoughts on when safe to upgrade

I recently tried the latest Windows version 10 but went back to the legacy version quickly afterwards after realizing it was not really working for me as it consumed 5 x the resources of the legacy version, was very sluggish as a result, generally seemed less feature rich and I did not have the time to mess about with it.

Is there an update from the folks at Evernote as to when the latest version will be usable?

Am I alone in finding the new version difficult?

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Daffin said:

Er... no.  Read the rest of this Forum for some examples!  I'm still on Legacy,  and staying there until Evernote shows some signs of matching their previous performance. While they're working hard to update and upgrade the user experience,  Evernote haven't given any details of what features are being returned in what order.  It's a waiting game...

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Daffin said:

Is there an update from the folks at Evernote as to when the latest version will be usable?

The word from Evernote is to use the Legacy product if the Version 10 deficiencies interrupt your workflow
I review the work-in-progress to decide if the product will be "usable" for my workflow

I only heard of EN a couple/few months ago. After watching Youtube reviews, I immediately tried the free version. But when I saw  the increase capacity & offline ability, I quickly switched & upgraded.

I love it. I'm not sure why, but after several updates (I always allow most rent) I now can't save/link to local files on my PC? Maybe I was disillusioned & was never a feature?

And I can't access it offline unless I am online first? huh? What's the point?  When I go outside & fire up my laptop (no internet) I can't get EN to open. I read some forum comments about settings & preferences which I don't even have on my version.

Having said that, I can't believe I now have to consider cutting this product loose & looking for something else.

• Level 5*
On 3/25/2021 at 10:50 PM, Mancomb said:

I only heard of EN a couple/few months ago. After watching Youtube reviews, I immediately tried the free version. But when I saw  the increase capacity & offline ability, I quickly switched & upgraded.

I love it. I'm not sure why, but after several updates (I always allow most rent) I now can't save/link to local files on my PC? Maybe I was disillusioned & was never a feature?

And I can't access it offline unless I am online first? huh? What's the point?  When I go outside & fire up my laptop (no internet) I can't get EN to open. I read some forum comments about settings & preferences which I don't even have on my version.

Having said that, I can't believe I now have to consider cutting this product loose & looking for something else.

Not sure where your problem is.  You CAN use the app offline - or you could easily install the Legacy version to get back to the local database (on a desktop) which is definitely available 24/7 regardless of connections.  If you can confirm your device and Evernote version (make sure it's the latest one) we can give you some more specific advice.

• Level 5*
On 3/25/2021 at 3:50 PM, Mancomb said:

I love it. I'm not sure why, but after several updates (I always allow most rent) I now can't save/link to local files on my PC?

It seems like you switched to the Version 10 product    
I recommend you switch back to the Legacy product (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote)

On 3/25/2021 at 10:50 PM, Mancomb said:

I now can't save/link to local files on my PC?

The work around is to create a windows shortcut to the file or folderon your PC that you need and then attach the windows shortcut file to a note.