Downgraded account to free - Can I still access my old notes from the desktop app (legacy)?

Similar to many of you, I have been a pretty heavy EN user for several years but I have found myself beside myself about the Evernote changes in the past 6 months. While pondering what to do I accidentally let my subscription re-up automatically about 2 weeks ago (they really should send emails warning about that!!). I sent an email a day ago asking for a refund because I wanted to cancel. Today I open the app and it tells me that I have to deactivate devices because of a 2 device limit. I don't care about syncing new content but I somehow expected to be able to open the app and access old content. Is this not the case? Is the desktop app (legacy) rendered useless after downgrading? 

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, Chmedly said:

Is the desktop app (legacy) rendered useless after downgrading? 

As a Basic account, you are limited tp two devices (web counts as a device)    
Revoke access to extra devices and you can access your data   

This applies to both the Legacy and Version10 products

I'm sorry, I'm dense.

Can you clarify?

Does this mean that if/when I open the app, I will have NO ACCESS to my data on that device without setting that device as the ONE device that is "registered" with my account? In other words, I may as well delete the app (and all of my data) from this one device if I DON'T set this device as the registered one? 

I suppose I can still "access" my data from the website from any device? 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Chmedly said:

I suppose I can still "access" my data from the website from any device? 

Web access is counted as a device 

Simply access the device list in your account settings   
Select two devices and revoke access to others   
AEAEEE0F-44F6-4D30-9AF6-013A77DBB4C3.thumb.jpeg.b0bf0e5f291834ebab4fd2750dc7f466.jpeg