Where is the default notebook?

I just updated to the new version of Android Evernote. I'm looking at the list of notebooks and I do not see my former default notebook which stored all of my notes. Has this notebook been eliminated? I am trying to share/send a screenshot to that notebook as I have done thousands of times before, and I'm getting an error message because it can't find my default notebook. How do I fix this? I am running Android 11 and Evernote 10.6 on a Pixel 2 XL.

Maybe related - although I can see all my Notes, including the default notebook...when I look at the notebook list the default notebook is missing, and then when I go to settings - notebooks - default notebook that only gives a description of what a default notebook does in grey text.

At the same time (I posted iunder android 10.6) I can not save any new notes on the phone as the "tick" is greyed out. 
EN 10.6 with Android 10 on xiaomi Mi9lite 

I have lodged support ticket,.

• Like 2

I deleted and reinstalled but not fixed. 

What I discovered was that if you first select a notebook that shows in your list, and then create a new note it will successfully save the new note you create into that notebook that you first selected. 

you can also successfully edit a note that already existed within your default notebook. 

However you cannot create or save a new note into your default notebook, even though those notes existing already within the default display, it appears the app does not recognise the default notebook as one to save to!  So in my experience the app then stops you creating any new notes, until you reboot the app ( I assume because it is still looking for somewhere to save the note you tried to create! 

so we have a workaround to create a new note by first selecting an existing notebook, which can't be the default notebook as that is not an option.

I just received this from Evernote support. I have not had time to try it yet, but please post if it works for you....

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

We're currently aware of this issue and working on a fix at this time. In the meantime, please try the following to mitigate the problem:

1. Rename your default notebook using Evernote Web on a computer or by using your mobile device's browser in desktop mode.
  2. Go to the Google Play Store and check for updates to Evernote. If you have one, update the app.
  3. If you don't have an update, sign out and sign into Evernote
  4. Verify if new notes now save in your default notebook.