Updated Dictionary

Doorn

Idea

I don't think the dictionary (windows, free account) has ever been updated since release. Evernote's dictionary is so bad that it won't even recognize "Evernote". It also doesn't recognize a majority of technical terms often used in education, along with most compound words. The spell-check system itself is just as bad as the limited dictionary. The "ignore" option simply doesn't work, and adding a word to the dictionary does not add the word itself, just the specific entry of letters. It will not recognize the same word if the first letter is capitalized or if an s is added to make it plural. It also struggles to recognize different forms of common words. Just as a recent example I came across today, the word residential is recognized, but the word residentially, the adverb form of residential, is not recognized. I find this to be a really weird problem to have on a system that is literally made to take notes effectively. I love everything about Evernote other than this, but it frustrates me on a daily basis and it would be awesome if the dictionary was brought up to parity with other note-taking systems.

1 reply to this idea