I AM A PREMIUM USER FOR TEN YEARS. I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO CONTACT EVERNOTE.

Okay, that's it, I'm done.  All I need is a nice note-taking app but you guys refuse to stop making your product more and more complicated, and with FEWER user options to reduce that complexity.  Now, in addition to all that, you've made it impossible (at least for me) to contact Evernote.  Worse, whenever I follow the instructions on one of your three or four different websites related to help, and I "log in" to get help or click "contact us", it takes me back to the same screens over and over again.

ARE YOU ATTEMPTING TO GET RID OF ME AS A CUSTOMER?  BECAUSE IT SURE SEEMS THAT WAY TO ME!

The reason I was looking for help is to find the most recent place where you've hid "preferences" or "user settings" (and I don't mean the massively simplified preferences that allow you to change only two minor things).  This is a game we all play: you revamp your entire UI and turn on all the new options that none of us want and then we get to hunt for the secret place you've hidden the option to turn all the useless ***** off.

My particular irritation is that I've noticed you have inserted an URL address at the top of ALL OF MY NOTES which is apparently what your bots think is relevant web info to the content of my note.  This is a good reminder of how your reading (and storing and analyzing) all my notes.  PLEASE STOP, JUST STOP, DON'T TOUCH OR ADD OR CHANGE OR HIGHLIGHT OR CONNECT ANY OF MY NOTES AND FOR CHRISTSAKES TELL ME HOW TO STOP YOU FROM DOING IT.

Anyone have good suggestions for an Evernote replacement supported by a company that isn't actively hostile to its users?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

"You" is not here in the forum, here you meet other users. Like users who know where support is "hidden" (not soooo hidden, in fact).

The easiest way is to issue a support ticket from one of the clients. 

• Desktop: Evernote menu, Account Information - takes you to the web client, there click on your name (top right), select support.
  • Mobile: Settings menu, Support, issue ticket
  • Legacy: Help menu, account settings, takes you to the web client, as above
  • Web Client: When in notes view, click on your account (top left), account information, then as above

When going through the help pages on the web site, it is a bit more complicated. But maybe it is worth the hassle: The Chat option is back, which in some cases may be faster than going through the ticketing.

To get to the page you need to be logged into help & learning, click on any help topic, scroll down. There you are asked, if your problem was solved, and below that is a link "Contact support". This takes you to a page, where you enter some aspects of your request. When done (3 questions), they offer the options, among which is support ticket and chat. Yes, THIS is really a long way to go. But through the clients it works much faster.

To tell which app to use, one must know much more about what is your setup and the use cases. Better to open a new thread on this, or search in the forum. You will find many posts about this question, in the end there is no "best" alternative. There is for example DEVONThink, but only if you are exclusively on Apple devices. There is OneNote, but many (like me) have tried and don't like it, and there are syncing problems reported, etc., etc.

Maybe the best alternative currently is EN legacy client: