Link to a Saved Search

HI,

there are several features I miss from the old version of evernote. For example on android I was able to put some note on my home screen and now is not possible.

But going back to Windows, my question is: there is any way to create a link to a saved search in evernote?

On top of it there is any way to build up a link that open the note directly in a new windows?

Br,

Vincenzo 

2 hours ago, Velectro said:

is: there is any way to create a link to a saved search in evernote?

I don't believe so. There used to be a work around using the EN scripting language but I don't think that works in V10. You can of course have a shortcut in the sidebar and on the home page to a saved search but not actually in a note. I have dashboard notes that are like a table of contents but have much more information. I sometimes copy the search syntax into a code box so I can copy and paste it easily. Not even good enough to call a workaround!

2 hours ago, Velectro said:

On top of it there is any way to build up a link that open the note directly in a new windows?

Again no. It's worse than that because if you follow a link to open a new note in the main window the new note is not obvious in the sidebar so you can't even double click it to launch it in a new window. You can open it in a new window from the three dots menu for the note (top right hand side of note)

I too was missing / frustrated by this (lack of shortcut to a saved search). Then I found that typing the start of the name of the saved search in the search field shows the saved search in the suggested results.

After getting used to that I find that I actually prefer this behavior. I spend time on both EN 10 and the Legacy version on two different platforms. I have found that in EN10, I can find all shortcuts much faster including ones that I did not create a shortcut for.

• Like 1

I found that saved search shortcuts from v8 were carried forward to v10 in Android, but parts of the search syntax no longer work, so the shortcuts don't actually work. V10 is a mess. Downgraded back to v8 for now.

9 hours ago, Chickaloon said:

but parts of the search syntax no longer work

Which parts? So far I haven't found any search syntax that doesn't work. The stated intention is that it will continue to work so it's important to flag up anything that doesn't.

• Like 1

This:

notebook:"Action Pending"  any: tag:1-Now -tag:*

It fails on the -tag:* when part of a shortcut

This search is supposed to find all notes in the Action Pending notebook with either the "1-Now" tag or no tags at all. Instead it pulls in a random mess. The search in v8 finds the handful of notes it should, v10 finds thousands.

I've had several rounds with tech support on this and they say they have no current plans to fix it.

1 hour ago, Chickaloon said:

This search is supposed to find all notes in the Action Pending notebook with either the "1-Now" tag or no tags at all. Instead it pulls in a random mess. The search in v8 finds the handful of notes it should, v10 finds thousands.

Interesting. It works for me but I initially didn't think it was. The delay between adding a tag and being able to find that note by filtering by that tag is now very small. It is still too long when you search for that tag. As soon as the simple search

tag:1-now

was working,. The search

notebook:AllMyNotes any: tag:1-now -tag:*

worked fine. Initially I was only getting the results for the untagged notes in the notebook (AllMyNotes) and never a "random mess". It worked from the get go when I used an existing tag but I wanted to see if there was anything funny about the 1 and the - in your tag.

Are you using it in a saved search shortcut? See the two attached screenshots. One is V10 on Android, the other is in Windows. The Windows use of the shortcut finds 4 notes as it should. The Android use of the same shortcut finds 7000+ notes. It appears the "any: -tag:*" doesn't get interpreted and gets cut out of the filters. But the search results also contain other notebooks which makes no sense at all.

Screenshot_20210226-065745_Evernote(1).jpg

en1(1).png

@Chickaloon I've double checked. I saved the search and ran the saved search as well. I get exactly the same results on Windows V10,  web V10 and Windows Legacy. Running:

notebook:AllMyNotes any: tag:2-now -tag:*

Finds all the notes in AllMyNotes tagged 2-now and all the notes in AllMyNotes with no tag.

There is no "lozenge" for -tag: so it stays in the search field whereas the tag: and notebook: parts are converted to lozenges. In my case it hasn't converted anything which may be significant. 

image.png.d4bd9ca11f341513275d8ee0bd91567c.png

I would try the web version and see what that does. I have the old version on my Android phone so can't try it on V10 on Android.

16 minutes ago, Chickaloon said:

You misunderstood. *The* issue is the android version. The others work OK for me as well. The Android version was re-written, and imo it is a mess.

Based on your screenshot you are not using V10 for Windows but 6.25 or the legacy version. 

I suggest you raise a support ticket, especially  if you are seeing different behaviour between V10 on Android and V10 on Windows or V10 on the Web. I know you have done this but there should not be any difference between the new V10 search results across platforms. I don't see a difference with legacy either.