One note keeps crashing

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I was working with a note this morning and it crashes the web client every single time I try to access it. The page will not load and I can't click away from that particular note. The rest of my notes seem to not cause this issue. It is only the one I was using earlier this morning. I'm using an up-to-date version Chrome as the browser and I have already tried clearing my cache and restarting the computer. 

It's not too big a file, or at least it shouldn't be. It was just notes from a meeting yesterday, so all it consisted of was the meeting notes template and then whatever I typed. I was on a commercial network yesterday and a home network today. And my device is an HP laptop.

Evernote is working until I try to access that one note. Unfortunately since that is a fairly recent note, I also can't access my meetings notebook at all now because that one note is one that displays first when I open that particular notebook. 

Can individual notes become corrupted when Evernote autosaves? 

Is there any way I can delete that note without Evernote trying to display it? The loss of those notes would be bad, but better then losing the entire notebook.

• Level 5*

Wow - and the same thing happens with  both the web client and the installed desktop client?  That is one bad note...  AFAIR the web client shouldn't reopen to the last note you were editing;  if you can get to another notebook you could maybe delete that note so you can proceed?

42 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Wow - and the same thing happens with  both the web client and the installed desktop client?  That is one bad note...  AFAIR the web client shouldn't reopen to the last note you were editing;  if you can get to another notebook you could maybe delete that note so you can proceed?

I can get to other notebooks, so that might be a possibility. How do I delete a specific note without actually pulling up the note itself?

• Level 5*
  • Solution
1 hour ago, Recruitment said:

I can get to other notebooks, so that might be a possibility.

If you could access via the desktop version,  it might be an option to install the Legacy app too - and in one or the other you'd be able to switch off the note body pane and click on the note name just in a note list... but still:  the only way I can think of deleting a note via the web app is to open the Notebook link and click the three dots menu next to the name of the notebook containing your rogue note. 

Choose 'create a new note' so you get to open that new note in the correct notebook but should be able to see the rogue note name in the note list.  Drag that note name to the Trash folder,  and it's (almost) gone.  Then empty the trash to make it happen for real.

Good luck...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

If you could access via the desktop version,  it might be an option to install the Legacy app too - and in one or the other you'd be able to switch off the note body pane and click on the note name just in a note list... but still:  the only way I can think of deleting a note via the web app is to open the Notebook link and click the three dots menu next to the name of the notebook containing your rogue note. 

Choose 'create a new note' so you get to open that new note in the correct notebook but should be able to see the rogue note name in the note list.  Drag that note name to the Trash folder,  and it's (almost) gone.  Then empty the trash to make it happen for real.

Good luck...

That worked! Thank you!

• Like 2