Make audio recording less obvious and visible

tvslaven

Idea

I use Evernote to quality check short meetings I have with audio as my tool. But recording is so visible that everyone from the moon can see I started a recording. Can you please make the fact that I started an audio recording more stealth so not everyone in the meeting see that I use this tool?  The entire bar does not have to be red 😉

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5

For me this is a critical request.

There are countries (not few of them) where taking an audio of a conversation is plain illegal without prior consent of all participants. This is law no matter what the intentions are with the recording. And if you ask for consent, no need to be stealthy !

IMHO building a stealthy audio recorder is not a good idea, if I want to protect a company against legal action.

Maybe there are other apps that are more discrete in their recording operation (don’t know any, because I don’t need such a feature).

What will hopefully never go away it the indicator light that shows that the microphone or the camera is active. Apple build this in a way it can’t be switched off by any software, including the own OS. Same reason as above, it assures the privacy. Malware, even if it gains root access, should not be able to spy from your own computer without these little lights blinking and showing activity. In the newer Macs it is even hardwired, when the camera draws a current, the LED will be lit by the same energy.