Latest Evernote Android update is terrible. App is barely usable. Any advice?

The windows app bites too! I have used evernote since near when it was released & gotten 100's if not more using it! This "update" is so bad! I have not (in these years) switched to one note even though near ALL i do is in MS Office! This may soon change!!!
- I can't even edit a note without things messing up, things getting moved around in the note, etc etc etc!!!
- If i try to add an item to a list note it strikes through many of the items on the list!

- Things aren't even saving right!
- and so MANY more issues!

I have NO clue who did all of this mess, but i do know they should be gone!!!
Myself and MANY MANY people I know will be leaving soon if this does NOT get better AND FAST!!!
I used to be productive! Key words = Used to be!!

• Like 3

BOTH the android app AND the windows app "stink"! (To put it nicely!) I have used evernote since near when it was released & gotten 100's if not more using it! This "update" is so bad it is disgusting!! Near every day I experience more "troubles" with this now & have sent in feedback near every day!

I have not (in all these years) switched to MS OneNote, even though near ALL i do is in MS Office! This may soon change!!!

I normally am so productive daily using this! NOT now!!!

- I can't even edit a note without things messing up, things getting moved around in the note, etc etc etc!!!
- If i try to add an item to a list note it strikes through many of the items on the list!

- Things aren't even saving right!
- and so MANY more issues!

I have NO clue who did all of this mess, but i do know they should be gone!!!
Myself and MANY MANY people I know will be leaving soon if this does NOT get better AND FAST!!!
Again; I used to be productive! Key words = Used to be!!

I AM SICK OF THE AGGREVATION!!!

• Like 3

the android app KEEPS CRASHING! Almost every time I do something else with my phone and switch back to Evernote it closes and has to load again, which makes me wait and also drains more battery by constantly loading again.

Also I am not sure how to force update of my edits, because sometimes I edit a note, press check mark to confirm my edits and then the green triangle with arrows stays there and note does not seem to get uploaded to cloud! If I edit it again, tap checkmark again sometimes it syncs then, but do I have to do this always twice?

With the new mobile app I keep having much more sync conflicts probably from the above mentioned reason. I use Evernote mobile and Windows app and now have so much more work resolving sync conflicts!

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

yes!! this last big update was terrible. so many basic functions are gone! i have used this app for years (and, been a paying customer) and i have to figure out how to export my thousands of notes to some other program that works better.

• Like 4
Guest Dean b

Over for a whole team using this app and today I can't even collect my basic field photos like over been asking for several years. I take a picture and the hourglass starts spinning. And spinning. 

Omg, to think this product is no longer useful....After years of investment. No words

I am hugely frustrated with this new update. My problems include (but are not limited to) :

the long open time for the app on Android

* the needing to wait and click through several different actions to clip an article

*the bug where I'm not able to edit a note because it's stuck in view only mode unless I open it 3 

The combination of these things is making Evernote almost  unusable for me. Please listen to these complaints. I am here on the forum for the first time trying to resolve some of these issues and to give the developer team a heads up... 

• Like 4

The problem is: move to which app? Onenote it is a pain too. Did anyone use their web clipper? It's too slow and in most times don't work, besides it sync problems, still exist

I'm abandoning using the Android Evernote app. I may still use the Evernote legacy version on my PC to collect web clippings but Android Evernote has become a frustrating, ever varying time sink instead of a reliable tool that facilitates efficiently capturing and accessing my notes.

I wish Evernote and Evernote users success.

• Like 4

Yeah I was hyped for v10, because the presentations and promises were sounding really good and made sense to me (I am no expert in this field, just Evernote user). And then came the execution... A letdown. Windows version is now fine, but on Android it still is.

• Like 2

How do we get back to a stable and reliable Evernote? I really can't continue like this. I have to switch to another app immediately if I can't get back to a stable release.

• Like 2

The sad thing is, that v10 is marked as stable release. 😔
Good news is, that you can go back to old v8 and stay on that version for now.

Sync notes and then uninstall current EN v10.
Download and install v8 .APK file (this link is from Evernote support): http://evernote.s3.amazonaws.com/android/google-play/com.evernote.google-play.8.13.3.1083330.allArch.6087.apk Alternative .APK link here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/evernote-corporation/evernote/evernote-8-13-3-release/
When you finished installing v8. open Google Play Store search for Evernote. In upper right corner there are 3 dots. Click them and uncheck "Enable auto update". That way you will stay on v8.

• Like 2
On 7/8/2021 at 3:40 AM, matej1990 said:

The sad thing is, that v10 is marked as stable release. 😔
Good news is, that you can go back to old v8 and stay on that version for now.

Sync notes and then uninstall current EN v10.
Download and install v8 .APK file (this link is from Evernote support): http://evernote.s3.amazonaws.com/android/google-play/com.evernote.google-play.8.13.3.1083330.allArch.6087.apk Alternative .APK link here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/evernote-corporation/evernote/evernote-8-13-3-release/
When you finished installing v8. open Google Play Store search for Evernote. In upper right corner there are 3 dots. Click them and uncheck "Enable auto update". That way you will stay on v8.

You are my hero. Nothing else quite does what Evernotes does (DID) and I couldn't find a replacement. The new app is basically nonfuctional for me as well, so you've solved a big problem for me. Many thanks!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 7/1/2021 at 6:50 PM, o.Dé said:

The problem is: move to which app? Onenote it is a pain too. Did anyone use their web clipper? It's too slow and in most times don't work, besides it sync problems, still exist

I've switched to pocket for web clipping. It will even read the articles to you.

On 3/16/2021 at 8:56 AM, sdnntt said:

Hi everyone,

Evernote user since 2013 here. Evernote recently implemented an update to its Android app, and this is by far the worst update I have experienced. It has made the app barely usable on my phone (web version is still the same).

Some examples:

• When saving web articles, the Evernote app opens (before, only a small circle popped up toward the bottom of my screen). If I leave the app right away, the article does not save properly;
  • When saving web pages / articles to my Evernote, there is a constant bug that shows the note previously saved when the app pops up. It's become almost impossible to properly save a new article;
  • I cannot add new tags easily like before. I have to "Find Tags", and if I want to add a new tag, it needs to be "created". I cannot simple type text and separate new tags by a comma. As a result the tag functionality is barely usable;
  • The first time I use this new update, I used a specific tag (let's call it "media"). Now, every time I save a new item to my Evernote, the tag "media" is written by default, and I cannot even delete it! So every single new note added to my Evernote comes with this default tag. 

There are many other issues I could point out, but these are the most obvious. I've been using Evernote for more than 7 years and this is by far the worst update I've seen. The app has unfortunately become almost unusable, and I am thinking about cancelling my subscription or switching to a new app if this cannot be fixed.

Any suggestions? Is Evernote planning to revert to an older version?

Thanks.

Webclipping is broken. Pops up the whole app every time where it used to save inline without switching.

Actually taking notes is unstable. A lot of times it will not allow me to save or navigate away.

The adding tag method now is hard to use. One has to search for tags to add rather than add in line. 

I've been using evernote since 2009 but it's actively getting in my way these days.

• Sad 1