Offline Notes 'Not Available' ?

Suddenly I'm not able to access my offline notes without wifi/data. I'm seeing 'Note unavailable'.

All my notes are turned offline, so I can access my notes when I'm outside, and I don't have wifi or data.

But since the latest update (10.5.1), I'm seeing this screen on at least 50% of my notes when I'm out and don't have wifi/data. (See screenshot)

How can this be fixed?

(I'm a pro level user, mainly because of the excellent offline function. Until recently)

Screenshot_20210316-084130_Evernote.jpg

• Level 5

First make sure the offline download has really finished. You can check this in the App settings, offline notebooks. As long as there are green and grey bars below notebooks, they are still loading.

Second be logged in before going offline. The app can be closed and reopened, but you should be logged in while online before you close. Don’t log out of your account when offline. Don’t switch accounts either.

Thank you for your helpful reply, yes I can see the problem now, your first point:

"As long as there are green and grey bars below notebooks, they are still loading."

Yes, I see many green bars, and a few grey ones, (See screenshot) I didn't know what they represented, I thought it was perhaps storage used or something.

I will now wait and see if all green and grey bars disappear, then I'll assume everything is then offline.

Thanks again for your advice, very much appreciated.

Screenshot_20210319-072048_Evernote.jpg

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It can take very long.

Best way I found:

• In the evening switch the automatic lockscreen off in the phones settings 
  • Open the EN app, keep it in the foreground 
  • Maybe dim the screen to be very dark
  • Put the phone to a charger
  • Let it run over the night 

Mine took until the next day to download 19GB of offline data, It is important that EN stays the active app.

Hello!

I had the same problem in early releases of v10 and i think it was a real bug in my case. The green bars just didn't advance. At some stage I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and then the bars filled up quickly in the background. I'm afraid I don't know anymore which version that was 😕

• Level 5

If I remember  it correctly, on iOS download got good with 10.4, with 10.5 they solved the problem that new content did not update the offline database. Since then it is working, and WOW search is as fast and maybe even better when in flight mode.

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight @ehrt74 My green bars are moving, but a very, very slow pace. I was unaware that it can take many hours and needs screen to be constantly on, as explained by @PinkElephant  I've been an premium EN user for approx. 3 years bcs of the offline function, but I don't recall downloading offline notes to be this slow. Thanks to both of you for your advice and comments.

• Level 5

It is not the download, there is some internal processing as well. And the phone gets warm, maybe they throttle everything to keep it in line with battery consumption. It got notably faster with every release - I downloaded fully 3 times, because I had some other issues, and reinstalled the app. The first download took a little less than 2 days, the last one was done when I picked up the phone in the morning.

• Like 1