Checkboxes not visible

I've installed Evernote on my Mac at work, and can't find how to add checkboxes like I do on my Mac at home

You'd think it would just be a case of clicking the 'More' button, but that doesn't work either. ,Does anyone know how I can get to them?

Honestly this has gotta be one of the least intuitive apps I've ever used... I often run into problems like this and find myself having to tweet Evernote to find out how to complete the most basic of tasks

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 09.59.46.png

There are now two features: checkboxes and checklists. Checklists are lists like the numbered or bulleted options and they also cross through the text when they are checked.  Checklists should be in the "more" menu. Checkboxes are in the insert menu (blue + at the left of the edit tool bar). You can also insert a checkbox with [] or a checked checkbox with [x].  However be careful. If you add a checkbox at the beginning of a line EN will convert this to a checklist. There has been lots of discussion about this in the forums. If you want a checkbox at the beginning of a line add a character first e.g a period or two spaces (one doesn't seem to work).

• Like 1
On 3/17/2021 at 9:33 AM, Mike P said:

There are now two features: checkboxes and checklists. Checklists are lists like the numbered or bulleted options and they also cross through the text when they are checked.  Checklists should be in the "more" menu. Checkboxes are in the insert menu (blue + at the left of the edit tool bar). You can also insert a checkbox with [] or a checked checkbox with [x].  However be careful. If you add a checkbox at the beginning of a line EN will convert this to a checklist. There has been lots of discussion about this in the forums. If you want a checkbox at the beginning of a line add a character first e.g a period or two spaces (one doesn't seem to work).

Thanks for letting me know!

Is there a way to just revert back to how it used to display? e.g. with everything in the toolbar already?

I don't get this obsession that some app developers have with sacrificing usability just for the sake of a minimal layout