Allow drag & drop of a PDF in a note onto File Selector, iMessage, Emails etc

FWachsmuth

Idea

In Evernote Legacy (which I still prefer), I can drag the PDF icon of a PDF note onto anytning — beit a file selector (e.g. when uploading a document to a website), an iMessage, an empty Email... it behaves exactly like dragging and dropping any local file.

In Evernote 10.9, I can still grab the icon and drag it over all these things, there is even a green "plus" symbol appearing, but the "Dropping" part does not work. Just noting happens. This makes Evernote 10 entirely useless for my common workflows. When is this coming back? Or do I need to move on to another service?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 replies to this idea

I came here searching for how to do exactly this.  The inability to drag and drop FROM Evernote has become a major PITA and cost me about 1/2 hour on a project as well as the confusion as to where the files are.

Is there a way around this???

Carmine Prestia

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cwp101 said:

I came here searching for how to do exactly this.  The inability to drag and drop FROM Evernote has become a major PITA and cost me about 1/2 hour on a project as well as the confusion as to where the files are.

Is there a way around this???

Carmine Prestia

As far as I am aware, the only workaround is to first drag the file from Evernote to the desktop (or to a folder in Finder), and then from there drag the file to its intended destination. Definitely not ideal. 🙁

• Sad 1

I was afraid that would be the case.  Can I go back to Legacy?  If so, how?

This is inconvenient enough that I'm considering going back to OneNote.  I hope Evernote is reading this stuff.

Carmine Prestia

• Like 1

The fact that Evernote Staff isn't even responding at all (nor acknowledging that they even read it) is alarming on its own.

I am paying Evernote to provide a Service, not a Product. If I do not even get the service of acknowledging, it's probably time to move on. :(
What's the best substitute? OneNote? DevonThink?

• Like 2
8 hours ago, FWachsmuth said:

The fact that Evernote Staff isn't even responding at all (nor acknowledging that they even read it) is alarming on its own.

I am paying Evernote to provide a Service, not a Product. If I do not even get the service of acknowledging, it's probably time to move on. :(
What's the best substitute? OneNote? DevonThink?

My thoughts are much the same.  Evernote has become more difficult to use, not easier.  I'm actively looking at other services.  So far OneNote seems to fit my needs more than others.  I've never heard of DevonThink.  I'll have to look it up.

FWIW I am retired and though I have a need for office applications, it is much reduced.  This one problem is making me seriously consider MS Office 365 since it includes OneNote and integrates it with the other applications.

Thank you for the lead.

Carmine Prestia

"FWIW I am retired and though I have a need for office applications, it is much reduced.  This one problem is making me seriously consider MS Office 365 since it includes OneNote and integrates it with the other applications."

Recently I received a 1/2 price offer for MS 365 and decided to try it out.  There are reasons other than Evernote but OneNote was a significant part of that decision.  

I'm finding that transferring data is not at all straight forward and interestingly, the ability to include files in OneNote Pages/Notebooks is limited.  Of course I've only been at this for a couple days but neither of the programs is making my life any better.

This has been my experience. One of the best features in Evernote for me was this ability to drag and drop files. If this feature is not going to be returned in the new version, then Evernote might not be worth it anymore -- which is a shame, since I had enjoyed it and it had made my computer more efficient.

• Like 1

I use the same method but it is clunky and raises the probability of out of sync versions.  I’m also wondering why Evernote staff have not appeared with some help/explanation.

• Like 1