Evernote Helper: "Capture Selection" doesn't work

Wow, I'm super upset to find that this feature is basically gone. This was one of the most useful features of Evernote. Now the screen grab tool takes you to Evernote as soon as you click it, and then when you toggle back to whatever you actually want to capture, it only lets you capture one frame, and immediately saves to Evernote, not the scratch pad?!? Totally useless broken workflow. For actual note-taking, Evernote seems to get less useful with every update. Sigh.

• Like 2

I just had the same issue. I have downgraded to Evernote Legacy app to get the old version and screen capture back working.  

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

How could this not have been tested correctly? 

Evernote fix this asap. If the apps rubbish it will get dumped. 

• Like 1

Click the Helper icon in the menu bar - the capture box opens as it should --> click the capture selection icon --> Evernote is brought to the front (which shouldn't happen) whatever I do I can't get rid of Evernote to capture the web page behind it. 

See video

Evernote - 10.9.10-mac-ddl-public (2439)
Editor: v119.1.15375
Service: v1.30.2
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Mac OS 10.14.6

Video demonstration here: https://www.loom.com/share/0ab0b60752ce4fbaa1a5a5ca2d1ff081

Chris

My screen capture works for me.  However, I only have 1 option : capture the entire screen.  I do not have the other two options:

•  a single application window
  •  a selected area of the screen

10.9.10-mac-mas-public (458488)

macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.2

• Like 1
  • Shane D. changed the title to Evernote Helper: "Capture Selection" doesn't work
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, Shane D. said:

We are aware of this issue, and are working to address it.

As a workaround, after clicking on Helper/Capture screen, just use Cmd-Tab to tab through the different open apps until you view the one you want, then hit Enter.

On 3/15/2021 at 11:00 AM, TonyLim said:

My screen capture works for me.  However, I only have 1 option : capture the entire screen.  I do not have the other two options:

•  a single application window
  •  a selected area of the screen

10.9.10-mac-mas-public (458488)

macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.2

@Shane D. please could you acknowledge that there are 2 issues here, one regarding the capture function bringing the Evernote to the foreground and @TonyLim's issue above, which I am also seeing - see attachment.

Thanks

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 13.07.34.png

• Level 5

My opinion: @Shane D. is admin of this forum, not an EN spokesperson for this and that. We users should not misuse his presence here for our own goals.

If you want an official answer, AFAIK the way is to issue a support ticket.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

My opinion: @Shane D. is admin of this forum, not an EN spokesperson for this and that. We users should not misuse his presence here for our own goals.

If you want an official answer, AFAIK the way is to issue a support ticket.

Of course @PinkElephant, apologies @Shane D. no offence intended. I just wanted to clarify that there appeared to be 2 different issues with the helper as the posts had been merged.

• Like 1

I raised a support ticket.  The support ask me to remove the app.  Download from the website directly, instead from the App Store.  It solve my problem.

10.9.10-mac-ddl-public (2439)

• Like 2