Chromebook Note List

I see that on a Chromebook the note list is shown in top list form, while running on a PC browser, the note list is in snippet form. This seems extremely odd. Can someone confirm that they also get top list form on a Chromebook? Or not? I'm trying to see if I have some kind of local problem or if this is really what Evernote is doing.

1 hour ago, jimdew said:

I see that on a Chromebook the note list is shown in top list form, while running on a PC browser, the note list is in snippet form. This seems extremely odd. Can someone confirm that they also get top list form on a Chromebook? Or not? I'm trying to see if I have some kind of local problem or if this is really what Evernote is doing.

Hello!

Sorry, I didn't understand. On the GUI there are three main areas:

the first column on the left: the list of notebooks, shortcuts etc.

the second column: displayed to show the contents of a notebook or the results of a search

the main note-editing window.

Which area do you mean?

17 hours ago, jimdew said:

That is odd. You are right that on a chrome browser on a pc there are no options (as @PinkElephant pointed out) and you are stuck with the snippet view. I'm not that familiar with chromebooks but I thought they ran everything in a chrome browser so I would have expected the snippet view. On the desktop versions you have four choices accessed from the view options icon at the top of the note list.

image.png.94c622f209c11b5c822680c368863aaa.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike P said:

That is odd. You are right that on a chrome browser on a pc there are no options (as @PinkElephant pointed out) and you are stuck with the snippet view. I'm not that familiar with chromebooks but I thought they ran everything in a chrome browser so I would have expected the snippet view. On the desktop versions you have four choices accessed from the view options icon at the top of the note list.

image.png.94c622f209c11b5c822680c368863aaa.png

i don't see any difference between my chromebook and my ubuntu running firefox or chrome here. 

btw. chromebooks can run linux programs and android apps nowadays.

• Like 1

Sorry I wasn't more clear. In the PC app, we have a choice of views (as @PinkElephant noted) while on the Web version you have no choice. When I run the Web version on a PC, the default layout is snippet mode (as described by @ehrt74). But on my Chromebook, I'm seeing the top list view, which is one of the options on the Windows app. This does not use the second column. Instead, the large pane is split vertically, with the search results in a list in the top portion of the pane and the note itself in the bottom portion of the pane. (This is the default format that older versions of Evernote Web used to use). But, just like in the Web on PC, I cannot choose the display form. The strange thing is that the default (and only option) is different on my Chromebook.