v10.8.5 Killed PDF View As

My macOS version just updated to v10.8.5 today, and realized the PDFs I had as View As 1 page is all showing as attachment, and the option to change is gone. What's weird is there are some PDF files that still gives me the option to change but the majority of the PDF notes are not showing that option (see the screenshot) and just sitting there as attachment.

HELP! I am loosing my mind.

Evernote became so hard to use since v10. I am seriously considering canceling my subscription. So far the changes has been nothing but pain.

Notes - Evernote 2021-03-13 7 PM-23-33.png

How large is your PDF?  For really large PDFs, you lose the "View As" option.  I don't remember what the threshold is, but I think it's around 20 or 25 MB. 

Also, the latest version is 10.9.10, so you may want to try and upgrading to that to see if it resolves your issue. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Brendan Murphy said:

How large is your PDF?  For really large PDFs, you lose the "View As" option.  I don't remember what the threshold is, but I think it's around 20 or 25 MB. 

Also, the latest version is 10.9.10, so you may want to try and upgrading to that to see if it resolves your issue. 

Oh, sorry, I am already 10.9.10 now. It seems 50MB is the cutoff point. This change is new to v10.8.5 since I had no problem viewing 1 page on all the scanned magazines. Now they are all attachment and this is hard.

Do you have any cheap way to reduce PDF file size without compromising the image quality? PDFPen Pro got me 20MB but that's not enough to make it smaller than 50MB. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 1:04 AM, Madflute said:

Do you have any cheap way to reduce PDF file size without compromising the image quality? PDFPen Pro got me 20MB but that's not enough to make it smaller than 50MB. 

You can use Preview to split the document.  Just copy the pages you want to create a new document with, then select File -> New From Clipboard and it will create a new document with just the copied pages. 

11 hours ago, Brendan Murphy said:

You can use Preview to split the document.  Just copy the pages you want to create a new document with, then select File -> New From Clipboard and it will create a new document with just the copied pages. 

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately splitting a document won't work for my needs. Brother has a really good PDF compression algorithm before outputting to a file, but I lost this amazing function when I returned their useless document scanner. I wonder where they got the compression software from. It was quite amazing. A 120MB+ PDF became less than 50MB without compromising the integrity. The only requirement was the original be 300dpi or compression won't even kick in. And this compression just apply while the data is still coached within iPrint & Scan software. Does anyone know what I am talking about?