(Archived) Copy and paste support would be nice

shimra

It would be nice if you could copy and paste from a note.

Specifically, I have some addresses in Evernote, and I'd like to be able to move them into google maps navigation without retyping them. This doesn't seem possible with a touch screen phone.

I noticed the gmail app doesn't seem to allow copy and paste either, but gmail is able to detect an address and you can click on it to get the option to send it to maps.

I'm using droid incredible with android 2.2

You can copy and paste information when you are in the "edit" mode.

Select "edit note" from the menu. Then long click on the body of the note and you will get a menu with the "select text" option. You can then copy the information and paste it into any other app.

GMail works much the same for copy/paste.

You can copy and paste information when you are in the "edit" mode.

Select "edit note" from the menu. Then long click on the body of the note and you will get a menu with the "select text" option. You can then copy the information and paste it into any other app.

GMail works much the same for copy/paste.

Well, what do I do when the note is rich text? Don't I have to make a new, plain text duplicate note just to be able to copy and paste? I'd rather not have to do that.

• Level 5*
Well, what do I do when the note is rich text? Don't I have to make a new, plain text duplicate note just to be able to copy and paste? I'd rather not have to do that.

Should be easy enough to test: try it and see... then report back so that other can share your experience.

~Jeff

Should be easy enough to test: try it and see... then report back so that other can share your experience.

~Jeff

Seems the holding on an address to call maps thing did work today on a note- but it was a bit sticky, I had to keep pressing it till it worked.

• 4 months later...

Archived