I am using Evernote 10.8.6 on a MacBook Pro and it keeps duplicating new notes that I'm working in.  A ribbon appears that say "We found more than one version of [note name]. You can view the alternate here. I has happened on almost every new note I've created the last couple of days.

Screenshot of Evernote (3-11-21, 8-30-53 AM).png

• Thanks 1

I'm having the same problem on Windows 10 Pro using version, and I get the same message as above. It's very annoying. I was on a webinar today, and I ended up with ten notes. Please solve this.

Thanks,

Skye

10.9.10-win-ddl-public (2439)
Editor: v119.1.15375
Service: v1.30.2
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

I getting duplicate notes fairly regularly, esp when I edit in IOS (10.5.1) and then go to that note on Mac desktop (10.9.10).

As best I can tell the note isn't syncing on IOS before I open the desktop. I go to IOS to check if the data is still there, then it syncs, and then a duplicate note is created.

Hey, 
I'm having the same problem, no matter which operating system I use ( macos, ios, windows ). I don't know the programming language in which evernote is written, but facebook solved the "state problem" with Redux

https://redux.js.org/introduction/getting-started#should-you-use-redux

The duplication problem is caused probably because the "single source of truth for the state" is not working properly.
It's very annoying. It's not a minor bug (something that you can live with). I consider it a major bug and it should be treated with the highest priority. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...