How to stop Youtube link reformatting

After updating to the new version of Evernote, whenever I paste a Youtube link, it reformats the text based link into a Youtube caption with image, removing the original text link as shown below.  How can I stop it from doing that and show the original text based link instead?

CaptureYoutubeLink.thumb.PNG.c9cd4b7bde9716a2b7dd0a5d654b9652.PNG

Thanks,

Jason

31 minutes ago, agsteele said:

You can then change the options by clicking on the video bar and choosing the display option you require.

The problem is that that the change doesn't seem to always persist so when you come back (even without closing EN) it has reverted to "small preview". I think this has been raised before and I really hope it is a bug which will get sorted eventually.

• Evernote Expert
17 minutes ago, Mike P said:

The problem is that that the change doesn't seem to always persist so when you come back (even without closing EN) it has reverted to "small preview". I think this has been raised before and I really hope it is a bug which will get sorted eventually.

Not noticed here BUT I don't paste that many videos into notes and when I do I am often content to see the video player rather than a link ;)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

This is really irritating. I document my workflows and have many youtube links in my notes mostly for tutorials and reference. I NEVER want the youtube box to come up. It totally messes up my notes. I'd vote to give us at least an option to turn this feature off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Trevor Low said:

This is really irritating. I document my workflows and have many youtube links in my notes mostly for tutorials and reference. I NEVER want the youtube box to come up. It totally messes up my notes. I'd vote to give us at least an option to turn this feature off.

The answer is given somewhere in another post.. You just need to add a space before and after pasting your link. So

<space>ctrl-V<space>

• Thanks 2
15 hours ago, Austin G said:

CTRL+Z after you paste the link will remove the inline video preview. 

But also removes the hyperlink to the youtube page and just leaves the plain text of the link. To turn it into an actual hyperlink  (like all pasted links) you have to press enter which reintroduces the video preview!

<space> - ctrl-V - <space> works much better.

• Thanks 1
  • 11 months later...