Evernote version 10.8.5 does not allow same file to be 'attached to a note' under different names.

Guest Buddy Liyanage

I am using Evernote V10.8.5.

For a particular workflow, I need to insert the same file, with different names to the same NOTE. Evernote will read-in the original file with the original name (say MYREPORT-FEB.PPTX). However, if I try to insert the IDENTICAL file, renamed within a Windows folder (to MYREPORT-MAR.PPTX), then Evernote insists on reading it using the original name of MY-REPORT-FEB.PPTX. It does this my initially reading the new file under the new name, but immediately renaming it to the original name! 

I need to read-in template reports I can then change every week/month, and Evernote does not allow me to do so. Looks more like a bug than a feature to me.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, Guest Buddy Liyanage said:

Evernote insists on reading it using the original name of MY-REPORT-FEB.PPTX. It does this my initially reading the new file under the new name, but immediately renaming it to the original name! 

We noticed this with the Legacy product
Some background
- the name is a metadata field associated with the file
- the actual filename is system generated, looks like some algorithm using the file contents
  results in a single file being stored regardless how many times it's imported