Evernote is horridly slow every time I use it now

With the new Evernote update, every time I use it, it's horrifically slow and becomes useless.  Is there a bug or another update coming out soon to address this?

I'd say the last two updates have made things worse and I may move to other note keeping software.

MacOS:  Mojave (10.14.6)
Evernote:
10.8.6-mac-mas-public (458469)
Editor: v118.1.15148
Service: v1.28.5

12 hours ago, BeerBear said:

With the new Evernote update, every time I use it, it's horrifically slow and becomes useless.  Is there a bug or another update coming out soon to address this?

I'd say the last two updates have made things worse and I may move to other note keeping software.

MacOS:  Mojave (10.14.6)
Evernote:
10.8.6-mac-mas-public (458469)
Editor: v118.1.15148
Service: v1.28.5

I installed the legacy version and it is like the old days. Much faster.  Evernote will not survive if they don't fix this issue.  KeepIt and Yojimbo don't have this issue!

• Level 5

v10.9.1 runs smoothly and sufficiently fast on my MacBook Pro 15" (BigSur).

Maybe uninstall EN completely (using AppCleaner), shut down the Mac, restart, reinstall and let it sync.

If above appr. 10.000 notes it is a known issue that v10 has difficulties handling it. In this case better use the legacy client until things are sorted out.

• Like 1

Not only is it slow, it hogs compute power AND lacks previous functionality.   MacBook Pro.  I'm ready to find new solution after years of use. 

I can no longer drag-drop pdf files to another app.   I have to download them.  HUGE time issue and prone to errors. 

And I agree with several other users that the new interface is not great... I used to get twice as much info in small space. 

How have they messed up the app this badly?   It's unusably slow, even on a very powerful computer.   Does anyone know what they were TRYING to do with these updates?  They cut out normal features AND made the app slower and buggier.  Normally you don't get both those things wrong at once.  

I really don't want to move years of notes to a new app, and i keep asking Evernote for an honest estimate of HOW LONG until things get better, but they won't answer.