Please restore date entry via keyboard (as in Pre-10) or improve date entry interface!

uuuuc

Idea

Hi,

In Evernote legacy I often modify the create/update time of entries so they are sorted correctly.  This is especially the case for
scans of documents from long ago.   In Evernote 10, 2 features were removed which allow me to do this.

1) You could use the keyboard to enter dates in the "Note Details" pane.  Now in "Note Info" you can only use the calendar
widget.  This is completely unworkable as to enter a date of, say, 5/15/1985 I would need to click 434 times since you can only
go back one month at a time.  Obviously this is unacceptable for my use-case.

2) You can't change the "update" time at all!

Please restore these features!  I'm a long-time premium member and really miss these.

Cheers,

Bill Carlson

(p.s., I know (and use) Evernote Legacy to achieve this in the interim, but I hate switching back and forth.  10 is, overall,
a much better interface, good work!)

New Interface, hard to enter dates.png

Old Interface, easy to enter dates.png

• Like 2

3 replies to this idea

I have this same concern Bill.  There are times I go into a document to make a small adjustment and I don't want the date changed at all.  I used to be able to change the modified/updated date back to the original but not anymore.  This is also important for my workflow.

Yes,  there are cleary UI designers working at Evernote who have absolutely no clue at all about usability. I have to scan a couple of hundred documents and all have to be given a new 'created' date. With this widget?!? Seriously!?? Out of the question. It is horrible. Everyone with the least bit of intelligent knows this is terrible UI design. 

I sent them an email about this and they said they don't know if they will change this. Seriously!?

• Like 2

I echo @Danny Bloemendaal's sentiment. As a document management system the #1 capability is the ability to apply a date to a document.  Entering a date from 1987 is a horrendously tedious task with the new interface.  Please reintroduce the plain text date entry.

Secondly, we need the ability to set BOTH the Creation Date and Last Updated date.  Again, I scan & metadata a mountain of older documents. That has become impossible with the new version.  I will remain on Legacy until I can enter both dates.