Checkboxes Gone in Reminders, and I can't default to Reminders for first view?

In Legacy, I can just check it and the reminder will go away while still remaining in my notebooks archived. Now I have no choice but to delete the reminder, is that correct?

Also, is there a way to Checkboxes Gone in Reminders, and I can't default to Reminders for first view rather than my notes?

9 hours ago, Titus said:

In Legacy, I can just check it and the reminder will go away while still remaining in my notebooks archived. Now I have no choice but to delete the reminder, is that correct?

Can you not just click the arrow next to the reminder and "mark as done" as shown below?

image.png.505f1f47004693d6e14c4bf0ccbbfb7b.png

9 hours ago, Titus said:

Also, is there a way to Checkboxes Gone in Reminders,

I don't really understand what you mean. You can display completed reminders using the gear icon 

image.png.5e99df02d864d26f2978b3a97fdf0149.png

The search syntax also still works, So entering the following in the search box will find all reminders completed in the last 200 days.

reminderDoneTime:day-200

As I say, I may have completely misunderstood what you need.

10 hours ago, Titus said:

I can't default to Reminders for first view rather than my notes?

You can not set the initial view when you open EN. Normally it opens to the last view before you closed EN. If that view is the reminders view it will open to that view.

• 1 year later...

For me checkboxes are present in Android app (8.13.3), but not in MacOS app (10.41.5). Checkboxes are a very convenient way of clearing todos in my opinion. Would be great (and logical) to have them also in the desktop app.

MacOS – no reminder checkboxes

evernote-macos-reminder-checkboxes-missing.thumb.jpg.72ddcdbd5b056dfe7b1b6c11ac58f67a.jpg

Android – has reminder checkboxes

evernote-android-reminder-checkboxes.thumb.jpg.9ced0af2d6223d5e1939bc465189657c.jpg

• Evernote Expert

Android (8.13.3) is the older version of Evernote for Android which does support the old ways of checboxes and reminders.  MacOS (10.41.5) is the new release and supports checklists in preference to checkboxes.

So working across versions is likely to create challenges.  The new checklists will not appear in Android v8. The old check boxes work differently to the past in MacOS v10.

If you are not able to upgrade to the v10 app for Android or if you just prefer to use the old checkboxes then the best thing is to add a character in front of the checkbox such as:

-▢
This will display in Android v8 and MacOS v10
The problem is working across the old and new applications. Mostly this isn't a problem but checkboxes and checklists is one of the areas where the new application lacks flexibility for the user.

Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts and the clarification.

31 minutes ago, agsteele said:

If you are not able to upgrade to the v10 app for Android or if you just prefer to use the old checkboxes then the best thing is to add a character in front of the checkbox such as:

The new version of Evernote requires Android 9+ which is unfortunately not available for my Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016). (That's what you get for taking care of your stuff and not buying a new phone every other year...😌 Don't know who to blame the most though.. Evernote or Samsung..).

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert
24 minutes ago, Hanky said:

Don't know who to blame the most though.. Evernote or Samsung..

Don't blame - congratulate yourself for getting good life from a phone and avoiding adding to the mountain of eWaste ;)

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Maybe switch the brand and the OS: iPhone 6S+, 2015, running the latest iOS 15.6.1, as does our iPad Air 2, released 2014.

Not an update from time to time, the most recent version, updated every other month on the same day as the newest devices. Usually you don’t think about it when buying a device, but this update policy is really excellent.

OK now, truth told, both will drop out of this rank next week, when iOS 16 will be released. Then it will be security updates, for probably 2 more years. In total we got covered with updates for about 10 years.