Does not show images. Image could not be rendered properly

Wtf, all my images are missing? Very useless since i have taken images and stored them to evernote.

Btw, i chose this Evernote for Android and this forum put ios tag but not android tag to this post :D

Screenshot_20210306-141741_Evernote.jpg

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, kaksiir said:

Wtf, all my images are missing? Very useless since i have taken images and stored them to evernote.

Btw, i chose this Evernote for Android and this forum put ios tag but not android tag to this post :D

Screenshot_20210306-141741_Evernote.jpg

it doesn't look like the image is missing. this is a bit odd. Jpg is actually a fairly well defined format. maybe the image you posted wasn't a jpg but something else?

I installed older version to android. Im very pissed off about how Evernote works nowadays.

Anyway have thiusands of notes that contain images. None of older notes with images work.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem which was introduced with 10.0 and then claimed to be solved with 10.4 (release notes).  Sometimes killing the Evernote process in Android and restarting leads to an image loading sometimes not. I did a lot of testing. For my devices (Samsung Galaxy A50 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A) it does not matter what image format is embedded or which size or where the image came from. The problem is with any of the notes. Sometimes the image show up, mostly they don't (even on the same notes). The image displaying is still inconsistent. Reading the play store comments, this is one of the major errors users report...

Please all of you do support requests via the android app support button so that Evernote staff finally gets hand on this. Maybe it is solved in their virtual testing environment but obviously not with a lot of devices in the wild. The support reports include technical data of your device model, OS and so on, so they can maybe eventually figure out what is causing the problem. Fingers crossed this is solved before V11 😉

• Like 2

On my iPhone (latest version of Evernote), in the Notes screen, the "thumbnail" image is displayed.  However when I open the note, the "Unable to render this type of image" is displayed.  On the Mac (Evernote 10.9.10), every note with an embedded image (JPG mostly) displays "Unable to render" message.

• Like 3

I had the same problem of images not displaying after updating. Did a forced closure of the Evernote app in the Android app settings. Then started Evernote app again and the problem was solved. 

• Thanks 2
10 hours ago, J.J.P. said:

I had the same problem of images not displaying after updating. Did a forced closure of the Evernote app in the Android app settings. Then started Evernote app again and the problem was solved. 

That is a temporary solution for me as well which works for a short time. But unfortunately every now and then the images are again not displayed.

On 3/23/2021 at 10:20 PM, Alxa said:

That is a temporary solution for me as well which works for a short time. But unfortunately every now and then the images are again not displayed.

Yes, worked only temporary for me too. 

Force-closing Android System Webview also helps, but temporary too. It must be some error in the way Evernote interacts with it.

Please solve this issue Evernote, this is so annoying. Thanks! 

I opened a ticket for this some days ago and referred to this thread. It was acknowledged by the support staff. But they obviously do not transfer the ticket to technical dev. I cannot understand this, as so many complain about this displaying problem in the forums and in the comments on play store. It literally renders Evernote for Android useless for productive use. After some days I decided to - once again! - roll back to 8.13.3 and bingo got back Evernote to work. It is not worth the time personally invested anymore. Maybe waiting a month or two if they can figure it out... 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Same issue.  Since last update Evernote PC app shows all images in exising notes as attachments, which can't be opened. No way to log a support case with Evernote unless you are a business premium customer. This has effectively killed the app and most of my notes are usless now. This is completely unnaceptable

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Support is done by real people, who earn real money. You can always subscribe and get in contact with support. Subscription can be done on a monthly basis, and for Basic users there are rebates offered from time to time.

It is totally acceptable for any business to limit access to support or other services to those users that contribute. It is your own free decision to join or not - and to live with the consequences of this decision.

Guest Geezer32

So your solution is that I should start paying for a broken app? Yeah not going to happen. I get that they aren’t providing ticket support for basic customers, I’m not an idiot. the part that’s unacceptable is that this issue has been going on for what, four months now? And not a single post from Evernote support in any of these threads full of people with the same issue. Why should I support a company that doesn’t support its users?. 
this not the first app breaking issue I’ve had, I’m done with Evernote now, time to look for alternatives

• Level 5

Have fun with the alternatives (you will probably discover that the „free“ plans of most services are quite limited).

Personally  I find your „I am the greatest, can’t understand why they refuse to throw all services after me for nothing“ approach amusing. Won‘t work here, I‘m afraid.

11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Have fun with the alternatives (you will probably discover that the „free“ plans of most services are quite limited).

Personally  I find your „I am the greatest, can’t understand why they refuse to throw all services after me for nothing“ approach amusing. Won‘t work here, I‘m afraid.

Quite the self rightoues thing arent you? why are you even still speaking when you add nothing to the thread. Also, nice strawman but I never said that I expect everything to be thrown at me for free, yet I do expect that the vendor fix an app breaking issue that has been around for six months now (that also is affecting paid tiers).  You might be ok with paying for a broken product, but I'm not.

I will take you advice though and enjoy the alternatives. hell, even notepad works better than Evernote for PC at the moment.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

On iPad, had the same issue.

Suddenly ALL the scratch images created with the pen (I replaced typing with handwriting) couldn't be loaded!

Solution: ensure the internet connection is available.

That restored everything in a blast.

Of course, that's pretty annoying, counterintuitive and making Evernote portability a fake-feature, given I might be writing while on the move, and I should NOT be required to have an internet connection in order to access notes created on the same exact device!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Your post shows you don’t know the app you are using. It would be better to first learn, then rant if you still feel like.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005917

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005177

If you download your notes for offline use, all content is available. If you don’t download, only some data will be available while offline. Attachments will not show except in those notebooks that were explicitly downloaded for offline use.

You need to initiate it yourself (EN app settings, notebooks, offline notebooks). EN does not do it, because it consumes memory and creates data traffic.

The initial download will take quite long - I have posted several times how to do it efficiently.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with this app. In this app, I write scripts for Facebook posts. I have a personal page on this social network to post aesthetic photos and videos. In Evernote, I'm trying to schedule a feed and to do that. I need to upload pictures there. When I had a problem uploading images, I contacted customer service, fixing the error. I am now able to upload photos there. I recently found a vintage color palette to create story templates and posts. I want to design some pictures and upload them to the planned feed.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually having the same issues with quite a few of my notes. The Web version shows just fine though. Am a bit surprised at how poorly Android Evernote manages images and other attachments, there seems to always be an issue loading them, but appears elsewhere.

Anyone find a fix for this?

Could you check to see if the images are really what they claim to be? Evernote had a bug a while back that images where being saved as imagename.jpg while they were actually png images (or some similar problem). That confused some clients which then tried to display the image thinking it was a jpg when actually it was a png. 

To test this, try downloading the image file on a desktop computer and then looking at the image properties.

Is this issue still not solved by Evernote?

Jan. 14, 2022

Thumbnail preview of notes are working, but opening the note, the image is not "rendered properly".

Yes, it is a JPG.

(Evernote 10.24, Android 12, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7)

----------------------------------------
UPDATE:

For the moment it seems that I managed to fix it:

On Android go to settings of your device, then go to "Apps" and search for Evernote. Then click on Storage and at the very bottom is "Clear Cache". Click on it and restart your device mand Evernote. Now these missing images are rendered properly. For the moment all seems to be fine.
------------------------------------------

Screenshot_20220114-195005_Evernote.jpg

Edited by BEHA
Solution
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I've been having issues with embedded images for a while. Including the issue discussed in this thread. Another related one is that even when an image will finally, thorough persistence and some magic will show up finally, it won't show up in a thumbnail view of the note. I corresponded with EN's support. And their final answer was a tepid: we are aware of the problem. Our devs are working on it. And that was months ago. 

• Sad 1
On 1/14/2022 at 7:53 PM, BEHA said:

Is this issue still not solved by Evernote?

Jan. 14, 2022

Thumbnail preview of notes are working, but opening the note, the image is not "rendered properly".

Yes, it is a JPG.

(Evernote 10.24, Android 12, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7)

----------------------------------------
UPDATE:

For the moment it seems that I managed to fix it:

On Android go to settings of your device, then go to "Apps" and search for Evernote. Then click on Storage and at the very bottom is "Clear Cache". Click on it and restart your device mand Evernote. Now these missing images are rendered properly. For the moment all seems to be fine.
------------------------------------------

Screenshot_20220114-195005_Evernote.jpg

Are you sure it's a jpg? Can you download the image to a computer and check its mime type?

I see this frequently even still with 10.24. It does not matter if jpeg oder another image file format. It is a bug of the software / EN system that support confirmed to me too many months ago but is unable or unmotivated or what ever to dive into as with many issues. Possible workarounds: cold-restart the app, if this does not work even restart device. Cache clearing/fresh install does not help. After a fresh install you (at least me) get exactly zero images displayed in your notes for the first 1-2 hours after setting up the app. To me it seems to be a design bug on how the EN servers perhaps pre-process and than deliver image data to the app or it's cache. But only guessing, obviously even EN devs don't know how to fix permanently.

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2022 at 12:53 PM, BEHA said:

This procedure resolved the problem for me. 😎👍

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
  • Level 5

My impression is that the new clients do not support displaying TIFF inline, in the app itself.

On the iOS client I can only download the file, but not display it. On the Mac when I choose open (or double click), the file is opened in the Macs Preview app, which nicely interacts with the client. But in the note itself it only shows the file symbol.

To get an official answer contact support.

On 9/4/2022 at 12:50 PM, tjeef said:

Did anyone get this solved on Windows?  I still have hundreds of notes with scanned TIFF images, for example. And they will not display in any way.

Unfortunately, TIFF images are not supported in Chromium, and thus probably not supported in Electron (which is based on Chromium). And since Evernote v10 on desktop is based on Electron, that is probably why TIFF images are not viewable inside Evernote v10.

• Like 1

Since this is the Android thread on the intitial issue (EN not showing images regardless of file type) I would again update my experience with the new 10.39 version. For me the image rendering bug is still present and pops up regularly when using the app. Nearly 2 years now, development must have lost control.

• Sad 2
  • 1 year later...

I have been using Evernote since 2011. I have decided to use the Legacy version after the new Evernote was introduced. Now, after dozens of warnings saying that I had to install the new version, I have decided to give it a try. It is awful!!!

Does anybody know if it is still possible to revert to Legacy once more?

And as to the thumbnail image, has anyone managed to address this issues?

Best

M

• Level 5
5 hours ago, marcelo said:

I have been using Evernote since 2011. I have decided to use the Legacy version after the new Evernote was introduced. Now, after dozens of warnings saying that I had to install the new version, I have decided to give it a try. It is awful!!!

Does anybody know if it is still possible to revert to Legacy once more?

And as to the thumbnail image, has anyone managed to address this issues?

Best

M

Some clarification would help. This thread, and this forum, are about the Android app. It sounds like you're using the Windows desktop app. Is that correct? The "thumbnail image" issues if any would be entirely different in the two OSes. For reference, there is a long, lugubrious, marginally civil discussion bemoaning the (possible) pending loss of Legacy going on for a few months:

This will sound a little obnoxious, and will only continue the thread drift, but please bear with me a minute. I read A LOT of "Legacy is gone, life is over, the new version *****" posts here, and my impression is that "*****" means "looks very different and requires me to learn new habits." I sincerely apologize if that is not what's going on with you. But my recollection is that when I first started using Evernote 10 years or so ago, there was a learning curve. This thing could do things nothing else had done for me before, and it required me to learn new habits. And I learned them. A couple of years ago I slowly, hesitantly, and somewhat begrudgingly began using v. 10. I find that it can do things Legacy had never done for me before, although it required me to learn some new habits. Whatever didn't make it into v. 10 is apparently something I can live without. What is there now, for instance the common interface and functionality across platforms, backlinks, the remarkable new syncing introduced (with a loud and unamusing faceplant at first) this spring, has been well worth the learning curve. My 3.7 cents, adjusted for inflation (and the Evernote price increase).

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5

We people are other users and neither need nor do any fixing (OK, I do fix myself a cup of coffee from time to time …).

You need to contact support.

To check if the picture was saved at all, check on the web client.