A few UI fixes (notebooks, bullet points)

tomfewchuk

Idea

- Why does it now take 4 clicks that are all in different places to change which notebook a note is going in? Just make it so you click the notebook name, a list of them all appears and then you click the notebook you want to put it in.

- Why are bullet points hidden behind a menu? You should just leave that scrolling sideways menu as is with far less hidden behind extra menus.

- Doing dash indentations as I'm doing in this thread should not automatically make a bullet point, or doing a 1., 2., 3. etc list should not auto indent the numbers. Sometimes I don't want those indentations so you should just let it be plain text UNLESS I click on the specific bullet or number indentation (which again should not be buried behind a menu!). Or make it an option - at least give people a little choice of how they want to use it.

- It's all way slower and laggier in these recent updates. Every menu change just lags that slight bit which never used to happen in older versions.

1 reply to this idea

14 hours ago, tomfewchuk said:

- Why does it now take 4 clicks that are all in different places to change which notebook a note is going in? Just make it so you click the notebook name, a list of them all appears and then you click the notebook you want to put it in.

- Why are bullet points hidden behind a menu? You should just leave that scrolling sideways menu as is with far less hidden behind extra menus.

- Doing dash indentations as I'm doing in this thread should not automatically make a bullet point, or doing a 1., 2., 3. etc list should not auto indent the numbers. Sometimes I don't want those indentations so you should just let it be plain text UNLESS I click on the specific bullet or number indentation (which again should not be buried behind a menu!). Or make it an option - at least give people a little choice of how they want to use it.

- It's all way slower and laggier in these recent updates. Every menu change just lags that slight bit which never used to happen in older versions.

I think you're fighting a losing battle about software automatically guessing what you mean. Mail clients understand and mark telephone numbers, addresses and email addresses. Text editors think you want to capitalise the first word after a full stop. Spreadsheet software parses text as dates (with some hilarious results: https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24732961-400-frustration-with-excel-has-caused-geneticists-to-rename-some-genes/). 

The notebook link at the top of the note fulfills two purpoes: navigation to a selected notebook or displacement of current note into a selected notebook. I'm not sure that this was the correct decision. 

Oh btw, this is a user forum. People from Evernote sometimes drop by, but if you want to make sure someone at Evernote reads your text you will need to take out a subscription and open a bug report.

• Like 1