print preview function missing from version 10.8

Evan Haas

Idea

The old Print Preview function in Evernote 6.25 (which would generate a PDF) is not present in version 10.8.  Sure, you can Ctrl+P and print to PDF, but the preview option was so much faster.  Plus, when I try to Ctrl+P at the moment, I get the following dialog.  Nice.

print-fairies.PNG.b95081279f94dc6419d8d45ceaf1d040.PNG

• Like 1

6 replies to this idea

On 3/5/2021 at 7:08 AM, Evan Haas said:

The old Print Preview function in Evernote 6.25 (which would generate a PDF) is not present in version 10.8.  Sure, you can Ctrl+P and print to PDF, but the preview option was so much faster.  Plus, when I try to Ctrl+P at the moment, I get the following dialog.  Nice.

print-fairies.PNG.b95081279f94dc6419d8d45ceaf1d040.PNG

Available! -> Evernote Windows client "Export as .pdf" with "Preview .pdf" option. 

I found this not as part of "Print" but via an "Export as .pdf" function within the 3-dot menu while working with a note. After selecting "Export ..." a window appeared with a button option to "Preview .pdf". That preview opened directly in Adobe Acrobat Reader for me.

I'm very happy to see this in client v10.17.6 downloaded earlier in July, 2021, and now v10.17.8 downloaded July 24, 2021.

• Thanks 1

Evernote Windows Client V10.31.6 has improved the function 'Export as PDF' that became available in V10.17.6. A 'preview' of the PDF is now automatically generated when the 'Export' is requested (3-dot menu while working with a note). Previously a preview could be generated via a "Preview .pdf" button before generating the .pdf, but I found that 'Preview' function to be unreliable in V17 and later versions.