When copying text (without new line) from/to Evernote Code Block, it does paste the text with new line after it.

When I copy and a text from browser or notepad++ and paste it in CodeBlock it automatically jump to a new line after paste.

Example

If I will copy "This is a test text here" by first copying "This is a test" and pasting it then copying "text here"........

When I paste it to CodeBlock it will be showing as below

This is a test

text here

Instead of 

This is a test text here

and same for vice -versa, when I copy code from codeBlock to notepad or anything else, it has this same behavior, because its formatting has already changed when I pasted it in CodeBlock

Issue is not happening between my browser and notepad++ , so it seem Evernote CodeBlock format causing something to texts

Can you fix this as I am not not able to use CodeBlock because when I have over 50 lines it time consuming job to move copy text to N++ first and remove all empty spaces between the lines in all the code.

I don't like that CodeBlock apply {Enter} after i Paste any line in it, is that possible to be fixed ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on Windows 10, desktop app, not the store app.
Windows 20H2, OS Build 19042.870

I have the exact same issue. I copy clean text with no nbsp characters from Notepad+ into a code block in Evernote and it creates those nbsp's. Example below.

Before in code block: 

<a href="" title="">

After Paste in code block: 

<a href="
/service-specials-coupons
" title="">
  • 1 year later...

The issue is still occurring, its super annoying as copy/paste are very common operations on code blocks. As the post above, I also have newlines =inserted before and after a pasted value.

This should be very cheap to get rid of this.

Evernote Team, the question is - do you have this backlogged for a fix? Any approx. date?

• Level 5

It may be a nuisance, lowest category issue (not even a bug, because it breaks nothing, and nothing is broken). I have empty lines in my code, and they break exactly nothing - the execution simply continues with the next line. But still good for some „I want my daily rant“ posting.

If you want to reach the EN team to communicate your mild disagreement, issue a support ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

I came here looking for hope regarding this bug, but it seems there is none to be found.

I'm not sure why you would characterize this as "not a bug", or claim that it "breaks nothing". If I need to edit my code every time I paste into a code block because EN is injecting characters that I didn't even copy (i.e., new lines), then it IS breaking something. Yes, I can manually work around it by editing each time I paste, but when you do this a lot it ends up wasting a large amount of time, for no reason. This is not how copy/paste is supposed to work, and it's not how it works anywhere else that I'm aware of.

I've been a paying customer for a few years, but this particular issue is so annoying to me that I'm finally just going to switch to another provider. I'm serious when I say this one bug has cost me more in lost productivity than I've ever paid to EN in subscription fees. I'm confused why a software product company would let such an incredibly irritating and time-wasting issue like this persist for so long. Every time it happens I get mad at them for not taking the user experience seriously, and think to myself "surely, some day they will fix this". It can't possibly be difficult to fix - just stop inserting characters that weren't copied. 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Just go ahead.

Probably as another user paying his dues I will never understand why people showing some signs of intelligence believe it to be a clever strategy to tell they will withhold their 60 (oh, make this 80) bucks if not this and that will happen NOW.

This „results“ in nothing happens NOW, which is completely foreseeable even for people not showing these promising hints of some intellect.

And all this for an extra line of text …

• Level 5

This hasn't been a problem for me in my work (which doesn't involve coding), so I don't get the seriousness of it, but I accept that it is so in other people's work. Most of those who have reported it in this thread seem to think that they are addressing Evernote's support or development team here, but that is not the case. These are essentially user-to-user forums. For those who have paid accounts, have you gone to Evernote support and created a ticket (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new)? They may at least be able to explain why this function works as it does.

• 4 months later...
On 1/7/2023 at 6:51 AM, PinkElephant said:

Just go ahead.

Probably as another user paying his dues I will never understand why people showing some signs of intelligence believe it to be a clever strategy to tell they will withhold their 60 (oh, make this 80) bucks if not this and that will happen NOW.

This „results“ in nothing happens NOW, which is completely foreseeable even for people not showing these promising hints of some intellect.

And all this for an extra line of text …

Disagree