Offline Access to Notes for Basic Account

JimboInWV
Go to solution Solved by JimboInWV,

Idea

I would like to see offline access to notes for Basic accounts, with a user selectable option to enable storage on your own device. 

I've been a member since 2011 and had offline access for a long time - not sure when I started noticing I needed to be logged in - but it is a nuisance in airports, in the mountains, etc. where I live. I am disappointed to not be able to store my content on my own device as a basic feature.

I'm now looking into alternatives to Evernote, currently beta testing Microsoft To Do

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Considering that many users have apparently operated quite happily for years using the free service - which Evernote presumably intended purely as a 'trial' to encourage actual subscriptions - I can't see them improving the features available.  The level of service you're looking for is,  of course,  available to subscribers - and if you're keeping travel plans or any other important details in there it might be an idea to consider a reliable paid-for service.  

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, JimboInWV said:

Availability of enhanced services is an encouragement for me to subscribe, deprecation of a basic functionality is an encouragement for me to go elsewhere. 

You said you've  "been a member since 2011"

edit

I guess the irony was too subtle

Offline access has not been depreciated for Basic accounts    
It's always been a paid feature, along with much more functionality as "encouragement to subscribe" 

• Haha 2