Evernote version 10.8.6 unable to install on Mac

Hi. I'm creating a thread again to discuss installing new version 10.8.6 on Mac, there's one thread that has the same issue but it was resolved with unknown cause. I'm still encountering the same issue, I just wanted to get feedbacks before I do anything else.

1732011731_ScreenShot2021-03-01at11_59_15AM.thumb.png.f0873551dbc13afea23614f3b5b4b463.png1274476905_ScreenShot2021-03-01at11_59_03AM.png.26da00b1ff9fde11334203db6117b9a2.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you tried uninstalling the current version and downloading / reinstalling from the website?  Updates occasionally fail because of a corrupted file - if necessary try uninstalling with something like Appcleaner to ensure a clean reinstall.

gazumped, 

Thanks for your help.  I'm also unable to install Evernote 10.8.6 on my Mac running OS 10.15.7.  Twice now the download on the Mac App Store has gotten about a third of the way downloaded and then it just stops.  Your recommendation to delete the app and do a fresh install makes sense.  My question is how important is it to find and install the app "Appcleaner"? I have 5 user IDs on my Mac, but I typically run Evernote from just 1 or sometimes 2 of the logins.  Will Appcleaner go find Evernote files located in all 5 of the user IDs Libraries?  Or, will I need to run Appcleaner from each login ID to be sure I've wiped all of them?   

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
19 hours ago, eugeneguy said:

gazumped, 

Thanks for your help.  I'm also unable to install Evernote 10.8.6 on my Mac running OS 10.15.7.  Twice now the download on the Mac App Store has gotten about a third of the way downloaded and then it just stops.  Your recommendation to delete the app and do a fresh install makes sense.  My question is how important is it to find and install the app "Appcleaner"? I have 5 user IDs on my Mac, but I typically run Evernote from just 1 or sometimes 2 of the logins.  Will Appcleaner go find Evernote files located in all 5 of the user IDs Libraries?  Or, will I need to run Appcleaner from each login ID to be sure I've wiped all of them?   

Yeesh - I'm not a Mac user at all,  so you will be better off waiting for more informed judgement on Appcleaner.  The advantage of that over a plain old uninstall,  is that most apps leave little bits of themselves behind by accident or design when being uninstalled - sometimes to make a reinstall work faster.  In this situation you ideally want to completely nuke the whole thing so you can start with a clean sheet.  Whether the app can peer into all your nooks and crannies though may be unknown.

As a subscriber you might want to check in with Support too for any better ideas!

Best of luck - I hope another adviser will be along shortly...  ;)

• Level 5

You can get it here, or from many other download sites:

http://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

I use it from an admin user. If a program is only installed under one of the users, start it there.

Start it, drag the apps icon from the Program folder on the AppCleaner window. A new window appears, with all program elements it found.

Some are already ticked, others not. For a full uninstall make sure to tick them all, scroll down the list. Confirm, done.

Personally I install EN from the web site, not from the AppStore. From the AppStore it runs in a sandbox, that mode can create problems.

• Like 1