Keyboard Shortcut for Formatting Font Colour OR Bringing back Font Fromatting box (Ctrl+D)

vinayak3676

Idea

This is the only feature holding me back from switching to the new version.

Having different font colour for my Headings, and for highlighting within the body is integral part of my workflow.

Currently there is no shortcut for picking font colour at all in the new version.

2 replies to this idea

On 3/1/2021 at 2:49 AM, vinayak3676 said:

This is the only feature holding me back from switching to the new version.

Having different font colour for my Headings, and for highlighting within the body is integral part of my workflow.

Currently there is no shortcut for picking font colour at all in the new version.

There is possibly a partial workaround which may or may not work for you. This will work if you are happy with three heading levels and always use the same colours for the different levels.

Produce a note with the different heading levels (large, medium and small) using either the #. ## and ### shorcuts or the drop down. Edit the text to be how you want it and then update the heading style.

image.png.ef04c41676bcbbd4cb3ce00ed454c89b.png

You can then use the updated heading style throughout that note but it does not transfer to other notes. To avoid having to do it each time you can save a blank copy and use it as a template by copying it or possibly use EN's inbuilt template system (not tested).

Doesn't solve your highlighting problem.

Yeah for headings it works, but as you said, it doesn't help with highlighting.

I guess I will have to stick with Legacy for as long as possible, because I don't even see this issue being raised, or any possibility of it being solved.

Thanks for the help anyways :)