Evernote for Android 10.5 broken?

Made the mistake of updating to Evernote 10.5 on my Samsung S10 & now it's effectively useless. When you create a new note on the device, it doesn't actually add it to Evernote. It just disappears. Please fix this before I have to look for another product!

I'm facing similar 'new note disaappering' issue. Also, the new update is super slow and it's missing features that were available before. 😭

e.g.

1. When I share a web article from my browser in my Android device, it doesn't respond and the wait goes on and on. 🐌

2. Also, when creating a new note, we can no longer select a notebook for it or add a reminder unlike previous version. 🙅🏼

I have tried clearing cache, data, and even reinstalling the app, but that doesn't fix it. 😒

It'd be better if they rollback this update or give users a way to go back to the previous version until they fix the new version. 🙏🏼

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Same trouble here (galaxy A 20). Add note seems disapear.

clip from web, cannot  select notebook (reading, but not complete),so I cannot  complete action.

Another method, add note via  mail (given address) works smoothly, but  I cannot  add tags (also cannot  edit tags  of old existing notes).

New version seems  to have too many troubles.

Em 26/02/2021 at 00:51, sangram.takmoge disse:

Estou enfrentando um problema semelhante de 'nova nota decepcionante'. Além disso, a nova atualização é muito lenta e não possui recursos que estavam disponíveis antes. 😭

por exemplo

1. Quando eu compartilho um artigo da web do meu navegador no meu dispositivo Android, ele não responde e a espera continua e continua. 🐌

2. Além disso, ao criar uma nova nota, não podemos mais selecionar um bloco de notas para ela ou adicionar um lembrete ao contrário da versão anterior. 🙅🏼

Tentei limpar o cache, os dados e até reinstalar o aplicativo, mas isso não resolveu. 😒

Seria melhor se eles revertessem esta atualização ou fornecessem aos usuários uma maneira de voltar para a versão anterior até que corrigissem a nova versão. 🙏🏼

Olá, Sangram.takmonge. Faça o seguinte:

*** Se houver alguma dúvida sobre como instalar um aplicativo APK, faça uma pesquisa no youtube sobre como instalar aplicativos APK que vocês acham.

I'm having problems with a brand new premium account on an android (pixel 3).  I created a new premium account to ensure that the issues I am facing were not due to some other problem with my EN account. 

Taking and attaching a photo results in a forever spinning wheel. 

Text notes created on the Android do not save. 

And overall the application is buggy. 

Is there any what to install a lower version? 

• Thanks 1

I too can not create new notes on Android. Works OK on Win 7 PC. Why is no one at Evernote seemingly doing anything about this glaring bug. They will drive Android users to another note taking app very shortly. How many customers will they lose?? My prediction is that if they dont either get this fixed ASAP or give us all the ability to rollback to the previous version that worked (8.5 or something?) then the loss of clients will end up forcing the company to close down. Why would the staff sign their own unemployment slips????

• Thanks 1

Problem  was solved.

* Even if web clipper (share with evernote) does not work, Share with  mail works well, so you can send  mail to evernote address and  add note on serverside.

* evernote support team suggest me to temporary switch default notebook on evernote web.  Then, missing notebook (was default, holding 50k notes) appeared on android app.  Now, share with evernote (web clip) not blocked on reading note books.

• Like 1
On 2/25/2021 at 10:47 PM, flyingjake said:

Made the mistake of updating to Evernote 10.5 on my Samsung S10 & now it's effectively useless. When you create a new note on the device, it doesn't actually add it to Evernote. It just disappears. Please fix this before I have to look for another product!

Yes, Evernote 10.5 is broken for many many users. This is reflected in this forum and in play store also. Even support being asked does not deny this. You're only choice now is to manually roll back to EN 8.13.3 via an APK-installation. You can get the old version for example at https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/evernote-corporation/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There was an update to 10.5.1 on my Android phone, which I installed. I found the new icon in the Apps section and was able to move it to the desktop.
I am able to create new notes on my phone.

However, my problem now is that the Webclipper always clips the whole article. I want a link, as I had before. I don't see this setting anywhere.

Hope they fix this soon. I imagine that the developers are putting in a lot of overtime right now...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Linsey Lanier said:

Hope they fix this soon. I imagine that the developers are putting in a lot of overtime right now...

maybe Evernote needs some information on FTR (first time right) principles (lean six sigma)?
Every update solves and breaks something at this moment. This seems not a really effective way to minimize the backlog, but keeps them busy... that's for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same. Latest version buggy. Glaring gaps in data in one of my critical files (they appear and disappear at random on both Windows and Android versions). I'm a freeware user so I guess I shouldn't complain but that coupled with inability to get past the "sign up now for the paid version!" screen on my Android mobile has me backing up my notes on my laptop (copy/paste; right click doesn't work as detailed) and looking for another product. I'm in the software biz so I understand very well why you want to encourage users to pay up for the premium version but if your frequent (incessant) incentives ("last time you'll ever see 40% off--until next week) don't work with us, I suspect corrupting our files or making them inaccessible unless we pay isn't a viable long-term strategy.

Oh, and add my usual criticism regarding 20-something design geniuses that the new improved Evernote is less compact and more difficult to read and use than the versions I've been using for 7 years. I originally downloaded it because I wanted a dirt simple note app. I already have plenty of word processing, calendar, scheduling, group work, snipping, and other apps; I don't need another industrial-strength one--especially one with a proprietary file format and questions about reliability. Back in my youth, the Detroit car companies thought the way to compete was to offer American consumers big gas guzzlers that were long, lower, wider, and festooned with more gadgets every year. We all know how that worked out. Good luck in your new direction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/5/2021 at 2:07 AM, Akira T Hatakeyama said:

Problem  was solved.

* Even if web clipper (share with evernote) does not work, Share with  mail works well, so you can send  mail to evernote address and  add note on serverside.

* evernote support team suggest me to temporary switch default notebook on evernote web.  Then, missing notebook (was default, holding 50k notes) appeared on android app.  Now, share with evernote (web clip) not blocked on reading note books.

This is a workaround. Not problem solved. 

• Like 2
On 2/27/2021 at 11:13 PM, Leoaragao98 said:

Olá, Sangram.takmonge. Faça o seguinte:

*** Se houver alguma dúvida sobre como instalar um aplicativo APK, faça uma pesquisa no youtube sobre como instalar aplicativos APK que vocês acham.

I have already gone to the old version. That doesn't solve anything if you don't fix the new version. 

• Like 1

What is going on with Evernote development?  It seems that every release of their software is worse.  I am currently running the legacy version on my PC because the new one is so bad.  I just downloaded the current Android app and it is extremely slow and cumbersome to use.

• Like 2
On 3/4/2021 at 5:47 PM, Linsey Lanier said:

However, my problem now is that the Webclipper always clips the whole article. I want a link, as I had before. I don't see this setting anywhere. 

My problem is the opposite:  I want whole article clips, not just links. Ideally, we could choose on the fly. Please return the functionality of the previous version. 

On 3/6/2021 at 7:30 PM, Jordan Thompson said:

What is going on with Evernote development?  It seems that every release of their software is worse.  I am currently running the legacy version on my PC because the new one is so bad.  I just downloaded the current Android app and it is extremely slow and cumbersome to use.

Good question. EN v10 on Android has the same bugs as when it was in beta (months ago). Instead of fixing some basic bugs in Android version, they are making new features for Windows and Mac clients.

• Like 1

Hi all!  I have been working through the broken 10.5 version with Evernote support.  The moved me to Tech Support and I had a win! Below is the info given.  I used the first link and all is ok right now.  I have a Pixel 3a. I hope this is ok to post and it helps you guys.

<<

Our developers are working on releasing an update that hopefully addresses the performance and crashes you are seeing. As a workaround, Id like to offer you the steps to rollback to a previous version of Evernote that didn't contain these issues. Our only other option other than rolling back would be to wait for the issue to be resolved which could take some time for that release to be made available.

If you would like to roll back to a previous version of Evernote that did not contain this issue, please follow the below steps:

Before uninstalling Evernote for Android, make sure to copy the contents of any unsynced notes somewhere outside of the Evernote app. Any unsynced notes (notes marked by red/green corners) and photos are deleted when you reinstall the app. To save any unsynced photos to your Gallery, tap the options menu (three dots) and select Save to Downloads.

Then follow these steps:

1. Open the Play Store
  2. Search for Evernote, choose it, then tap Uninstall
  3. Restart your Android device

Once Evernote has been uninstalled, please click on this link.

If you can't use the version from the previous link, then try this link..

Lastly, if the above two links fail to download as expected, please try this link.

Please know that by going back a version, you will be exposed to some bugs we fixed already.

• Thanks 2