Rename a Notebook folder

Searching help, to rename a folder, it appears that I'm supposed to be able to right-click on the folder to rename it.  However, there is no menu or dialog that appears when I right-click, double click, or anything else, nor does the name of the folder change to an editable textbox when I do any of those actions.  Why does the help say that when it does not seem to work?   I'm using version 10.8.5-win-ddl-public (2367), which should be current.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Delton said:

Searching help, to rename a folder, it appears that I'm supposed to be able to right-click on the folder to rename it. 

Access the notebook page (right-click the notebook icon in the sidebar

Right-click a notebook on the notebook page   
This is not done in the sidebar

1038988459_ScreenShot2021-02-25at17_25_04.png.088a10bd8be860bde001ebdef017c7ca.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am running the same evernote version and have the same issue. My evernote was just converted and I am not able to rename my folders. I right click on a folder and do not get any context menu. I see the response from DTlow and understand that is what I should see, but it does not appear. I have closed and relaunched the application, but I still dont get a menu. Running a fairly recent version of win10.

• Like 1
On 3/10/2021 at 2:47 AM, johnm93359 said:

I am running the same evernote version and have the same issue. My evernote was just converted and I am not able to rename my folders. I right click on a folder and do not get any context menu. I see the response from DTlow and understand that is what I should see, but it does not appear. I have closed and relaunched the application, but I still dont get a menu. Running a fairly recent version of win10.

Are you definitely doing this from the main notebooks window and not from the sidebar? You can open the main notebooks window by clicking on "Notebooks" in the sidebar. If right click doesn't work try the three dots menu for the notebook (over to the right of the screen)