Problems with tags

Alebaum

Idea

After the last Evernote update, my tags don't lead to notes anymore. When I click on any tag, the results is equal 0 (zero). 

How can I fix this? 

Thank you in advance

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Alebaum said:

When I click on any tag

Where are you clicking tags - please post a screenshot

2 hours ago, Alebaum said:

After the last Evernote update, my tags don't lead to notes anymore. When I click on any tag, the results is equal 0 (zero). 

If you enable view -> show note counts in sidebar what do you see? This is my screen shot:

image.png.b24522829493e557c822735eaacac5d4.png

Also if you look at your notes do you still see tags assigned to them?

• Level 5

In the „View“ menu there is an option to show the number of notes in the side panel..

If this is checked, the number of notes per notebook and per tag will show. If it is not checked, the numbers don’t show. With nested tags, only the number of the tags use itself will show, not the number of child tags below it.

• Like 1

PinkElefant,

I did what you mention about the "View" menu. The numbers shows up now aside the tags, but some tags still doens't delivery the results or some tags with 4 or 13 links just delivery 1 result; I mean, I just see 1 note instead 13 or 4 notes related to the tag.

It looks like my Evernote is loading partially the notes related to its tags.

Captura de tela 01.png

Captura de tela 02.png

• Level 5

There are 2 questions here, that should be answered separately:

Are your tags still there when you peek into your notes  ? Make a test of say 10 or 20 randomly chosen notes. Nobody can remember which tag one put on to a note back then, but you will know your pattern of attaching tags - and see whether it fits.

The second question is whether the counter showing the usage is giving correct figures. Usually when you click on a tag, you will see the notes that carry it. You can easily make another test: Apply a new tag to a random number of notes, and document what you did. Easiest way may be to take a screenshot, and mark every note you tagged. Now let it sync and recalculate, and then look if the change is reflected in the count. Then click on the tag, and see if the marked notes are there.

8 hours ago, Alebaum said:

It looks like my Evernote is loading partially the notes related to its tags.

A good way to test this is to have a look at the web version of Evernote and see if that is all correct.

I am having this same problem on the Windows app.  Looks to be fine on the web or iphone app.  Honestly, I have not liked the latest updates Evernote has put out.  That aside, I really need my tag system to work properly.