Dear forum,

since a few days I notice that both the Win 10.8.5 and the Web app are painfully slow.

So slow that EN is practically not usable anymore.

For example, on the Win app, it takes 15 seconds or so until the right-click menu opens (because I wanted to copy something out of a note).

Upon rightclick, the Web app warns me after 20 seconds that the page is taking too long to load - Wait or discard.?

This is the only app that is running so slow so I don't think it's a PC issue.

BTW:

1) I noticed in Win Task manager that when I run EN Win there are up to 6 processes "Evernote".

2) Flipping through notes and opening the notes is running with "normal speed"

I de-installed Win 10.8.5, cleared registry with CCleaner and re-installed already.

That did not improve - neither for the Win app nor for the Web app.

Did anyone have the same problems and solved it?

Any guidance / help?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here! It is now so slow that it is barely usable. The new interface looks great in dark mode and was thinking of taking the plunge and upgrading but i might have to find something similar, as I can't keep using this.

Hello Evernote? Anybody home?

I am writing a book and have all my research in EN.

Having an unusable platform is ... well, you get it 

Legacy app works, by the way.

So from my view, there is a problem with the EN Win app and/or access to my notes database (since Web in not working properly either)

Best

Frank

• Level 5

Just other users here, and yes, most of us are probably at home.

If you have a specific problem, I would try support.

The current release is 10.9.1, and it was reported here in the forum that it is performing better.

If it starts o.k. and gets slower while using, it may help to quit the app completely. Not just exit, really quit (ctrl-Q). You can check whether all program parts are terminated in the task manager. Then restart, and it will perform better.

Positive factors are a) a good internet connection, b) run on a SSD (not a turning disk drive) and c) have sufficient system resources, notably RAM and CPU.

10.9.10-win-ddl-public (2439)
Editor: v119.1.15375
Service: v1.30.2

It's damn slow. I am not able to use evernote as before. I am thinking of alternatives.

Features like exporting pdf and presentation are no longer part of new version.

Does not really make sense. Moreover there is no difference between Premium Subscription and Basic Subscription.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem.  When I right click to bring up the Context Menu it takes about 5 seconds to appear.  It's driving me nuts.  Curiously it does not happen on my old desktop.  Both are Windows 10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Evernote Expert
13 hours ago, SN1962a said:

Evernote is really horribly slow on my new PC and on my older one as well. I have no idea yet where I'm taking my data but it's going to happen. This has been a problem for way too long.

I hope you find something else that does what you need. The big issue with the slow performance is that it isn't an issue for everyone. I have a PC that is less than a year old and which I had received just before Evernote v10 was released to the public. I haven't, yet, suffered any speed issues. I suspect that my experience is every bit as common as the disappointing experience that you and others report.

Of course it shouldn't be the case and I am sure that the EN devs don't intend it to be the case, but the vast range of devices and configurations of Windows that we all use means it isn't always an easy issue to diagnose. I'm not sure it is always easy to work through for the EN team which I believe does its development on Macs ready to export for Windows.

That's all to say that I feel you frustration but also recognise the challenge of diagnosing andfixing an issue like this.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Even with the latest release 10.14.7, occasionally it takes 10-15 seconds for the Right-Click to pop-up the menu. It usually doesn't happen, but when it does, it can be several minutes before it comes back to working correctly.

• Like 1