Can't save notes, search etc. Pixel 3 XL - Android 10 - Evernote 10.5

Hello, I have a Google Pixel 3 XL with Android 10 using Evernote version 10.5 (1110172).

Over the last three or four days, I haven't been able to save changes to existing motes. It simple wouldn't save anything, even after syncing. My desktop version worked fine. I deleted the app (cleared data & cache first), reinstalled it and powered down my cell for one minute and then restarted it. It started working and saving my notes for a couple hours but then I realized it's not working again. I lost a bunch of important info. I've also emptied the trash as recommended.

I'm also unable to open 90% of my notes. I always get the "note unavailable" error message (see attached screenshot). I can open these notes on my desktop fine. It doesn't matter whether I'm on wifi or cellular data, they just won't open. The ones that do open, I get a blip of the same error message for a second, but then the note opens.

I'm also not able to use the search function. I get "error: invalid auth token" as per the attached screenshot. The search function works fine on my desktop.

I've also noticed I can't take screenshots of my own notes. I kept getting:

"couldn't save screenshot. Taking a screenshot isn't allowed by the app or your organi...."

I was able to for a bit, after I reinstalled Evernote but I'm unable to again. 

Screenshot_20210222-163541.png

Screenshot_20210222-163556.png

I am also having this issue on my pixel 3a. I restarted by device, reinstalled the app and it began to work for a couple of hours until the same issue happened again.

Help!

Same problem here, too.  We have two android phones, both Pixel 3.  One phone is completely fine, the other is getting the message "Error : Error: Invalid auth token" when attempting to search for notes.  We have had this set up for YEARS with no problems.  This only began happening this week.

The web client and Windows client are fine.  

---

More information.  It appears that since BOTH phones are Pixel 3, Evernote is not identifying them uniquely.  When I go in to the "Devices" section from the App on both phones "Android (Android-google-Pixel-3)" is only identified ONCE and on each phone (after a fresh install and login) identify that since instance of Android as "Current Device".

It appears that the latest version of the App is missing some ability to uniquely ID each device logged in.

Edited by Evernote_User_No_2020
added more detail after some testing.

Same. On my Pixel also.

I didnt manually update but all of a sudden in last few days whenever I update a note the changes do not save. Search functions also busted. I updated to latest version, reinstalled, restarted phone and it worked for a day, and now same problem again.

This means the App's basically totally useless now.

Same here with my Google pixel 3. Note unavailable except for my first note. Any advice on how to fix it or at least being able to view my notes for even a few minutes so I can copy and paste them somewhere safe to not lose them? Any help would be much appreciated.

I realized I was on beta, so I left the program and reinstalled. instead of "invalid auth error" now I get "note unavailable" which still makes Evernote useless. what am I pay for again?

Is it normal for Evernote to remain silent about a new version of the app that cannot save notes?  I was glad they were trying to make it faster to take notes, but instead it became impossible.

I'm having trouble saving notes (steps to reproduce below) on a Pixel 4 with Evernote 10.5.1 (1110183).

1. Touch "new note"

2. Type "test" in body

3. Touch check icon

4. Note is absent

No error message; just data loss.

27 minutes ago, EdTheLongTimeUser said:

Is it normal for Evernote to remain silent about a new version of the app that cannot save notes?  I was glad they were trying to make it faster to take notes, but instead it became impossible.

I'm having trouble saving notes (steps to reproduce below) on a Pixel 4 with Evernote 10.5.1 (1110183).

1. Touch "new note"

2. Type "test" in body

3. Touch check icon

4. Note is absent

I don't have this problem with 10.5.1. I have no idea what's wrong with your installation, but I assume that the problem is rare. If in doubt: open a bug report!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, EdTheLongTimeUser said:

1. Touch "new note"

2. Type "test" in body

3. Touch check icon

4. Note is absent

I have Pixel 3 XL (Android 11) and the same latest version of Evernote as you.

Open Evernote menu, click on the gear (settings), click support and submit a support request.

• Like 1

Don't know if this is related.  Got a new Samsung Tab S7.  Installed Evernote.  When I attempt to open PDFs, the app hangs.  I have to leave the app and come in in order for it to work again.  I noticed some jpg images are also not displaying.  I contacted support and he wanted a video and for me to set up a YouTube account so I could more effectively do his job for him.  Yeah, no.

I solved the problem . can't save note on my android phone 

evernote version 10.5.1

I Create a new notebooks at  android phone 

I test again.found can not save note at "all notes"

when I change to another notebooks sometime can save .

it's unstable.

new note in default noteboooks cannot save.png

new note in new notebooks.png

IMG_20210310_215133.jpg

• Like 2

I was able to save a test note via Eric Lu’s method listed above. However, I STILL cannot import a photo from my galllery on my phone — something I could do all the time before. 

How can Evernote release such a AWFUL product version.... and then go radio silent on us??

Ridiculous

On 3/10/2021 at 2:34 AM, ehrt74 said:

I don't have this problem with 10.5.1. I have no idea what's wrong with your installation, but I assume that the problem is rare. If in doubt: open a bug report!

It's not rare. I have the exact same issue on my Realme 6. Evernote are not saying anything. What is the point of a note taking app of you can't take any notes. I have moved my multiple hundreds of notes to google keep. I test evernote every day just to check. Still can't save a new note. It just disappears into the ether. What a ***** company Evernote have become

46 minutes ago, Colbunko said:

It's not rare. I have the exact same issue on my Realme 6. Evernote are not saying anything. What is the point of a note taking app of you can't take any notes. I have moved my multiple hundreds of notes to google keep. I test evernote every day just to check. Still can't save a new note. It just disappears into the ether. What a ***** company Evernote have become

The same problem to me.

LG Velvet phone. LM-G910EMW

On 3/10/2021 at 3:47 PM, ERIC LU said:

I reset default notebook 

it's worked now.

How did U reset default notebook?

I cannot change, after update.

I think Eveenote note creation error caused by this probem... New note cannot be designated to a default notebook because default notebook setting cannot be found... maybe.

Same issues with Pixel 4a.  Can't open about half my notes on it, can't create notes on it.  Won't scan, won't input pictures.  Been this way for ~ 6 weeks. Only way I can get notes into is from the desktop version on Windows 10 (which thankfully I can block from updating)  or emailing from my phone into Evernote.   Version 10.5 on my Pixel 4a.

I'm going to give you one more month to fix/address/acknowledge this Evernote and then I'll be leaving you because I'm not paying for something that's become almost useless. 

On 3/13/2021 at 2:51 PM, jasonlee said:

How did U reset default notebook?

I cannot change, after update.

I think Eveenote note creation error caused by this probem... New note cannot be designated to a default notebook because default notebook setting cannot be found... maybe.

hi 

open evernote app setting.go to Notebooks . check Default notebook .

when I upgrade to new version APP  , the  Default notebook is empty and can not setting

so I open windows desktop evernote APP , create a new notebook . change Default notebook .then logoff my mobile app . 

and relogon mobile app.

Guest Allie

Same Android new version problem in March 2021. Can't search notes, can't open notes that show up on home screen, am able to open a new note but then it goes nowhere so nothing seems to be saving. And when I try to use settings to submit a support request I get another error "ticket submission failed."

• 1 year later...

I'm frequently having difficulty saving notes on Evernote for Android.

I click the green check mark, but the note won't save. Then I lose everything I just entered.

It seems if I set my phone down for 5 minutes and don't do anything, it will eventually save.

There's something really wrong going on with Evernote.