Bring back automatic re-encryption AS IT WAS!

mossnd

Idea

I don't know who's bright idea it was to hobble the text encryption available within Evernote, but you've really, really blown it!

I DON"T want to have to highlight and completely de-encrypt a section of text, just so that I can do something as basic as editing it, then to have to go through the entire encryption process again, once I've already indicated that I want this note's contents encrypted in the first place. This is such a backwards step in an App I've used for so very, very long (and loved using all this time).

If you feel the need to add a new form of encryption that works just for a section of text within a note or something like that, if that was the idea, then ADD it, but don't take away the feature that was already there and working perfectly well for those of us already using it.

I want, as it worked before, to set up a note as encrypted, then, when I want to edit it, just have to simply type in the password, ONCE, then be able to edit the text without lots of complicated extra steps and without any limitations on how I do this (so adding more text, for example, is not an issue). Then, if I choose to just close the note, I want it to automatically re-encrypt, just like it did before the changes Evernote has created. That way, even if I forget to re-encrypt a note myself, the system does it for me. If I want to de-encrypt it permanently, then simply give me back the power to do this, but don't make the entire process something new, difficult and unintuitive. 

Give us back what we had and liked (or loved) and if you want to add something more.. great, but not at the expense of a good feature that's already well implemented.

mossnd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 replies to this idea

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree. Encryption is what drew me to Evernote 10 years ago, it is why I pay to be a Premium member. The new version of Evernote has ruined the ability to edit all of my notes with encryption. I have a laptop that I refuse to update because I can still edit my encrypted notes on that machine. I want encryption back the way it was. Whoever thought the current version is useable does not understand Evernote or its customers.

• Like 1

I actually just lost an entire note due to the new encryption format (for some reason you can just delete the text without unencrypting, good job evernote), managed to back up most of it since I had the info written down elsewhere, but now I find, just like you that I can't even edit it.

The whole new setup isn't to my liking either, it's yet another changing something that wasn't broken situation. 

• Like 1

+1 Please fixe asap!

I unencrypted some text so that I could edit it (which is a regression, IMO), but now I find that the ability to encrypt is completely gone! 

I'm running the latest:

10.10.5-mac-ddl-public (2487)
Editor: v120.1.15587
Service: v1.31.4
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Like 1