How to recover notes from Apple TimeMachine backup

Badri

Idea

Hi

I spent a lot of time in colating & creating a most important data into a note about an year back. Subsequent to completing that task, I have not opened that note for about an year now. Today, i don't find that particular note under "All Notes". It's missing and I am very disappointed that so much of work is just lost. It's not possible that the notes would have got deleted by me. 

My Question: I take very regular TimeMachine backup of my MacBookPro. I am sure that "Missing Notes" must be in one of my old backup data. Is it possible for me to recover that file from timemachine backup ? How do I locate the Evernote file in the TimeMachine Backup ?

Please advice

Regards

Badri

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Badri said:

How do I locate the Evernote file in the TimeMachine Backup ?

You won't be able to locate the specific note  in the backup data - you need to reload the entire Evernote offline database  
 (
 /Users/<youraccount>/Library/Application Support/Evernote)
Then launch the Evernote app in offline mode

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You won't be able to locate the specific note  in the backup data - you need to reload the entire Evernote offline database  
 (
 /Users/<youraccount>/Library/Application Support/Evernote)
Then launch the Evernote app in offline mode

Thanks for your reply. But thst offline database may be the current one, it may not contain that particular note I guess. However, 8 months old time machine backup data will contain that note as part of Evernote backup. How to load that data from time machine backup ? Any help pls ?

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, Badri said:

How to load that data from time machine backup ?

Launch Finder, and select the Evernote folder

Enter Time Machine99902015_ScreenShot2021-02-21at09_19_30.png.c4857d12d250add0255f41a9490f69ce.png
You will see time navigation bars on the right side > Select your date
At the bottom of the screen click on the restore button

1148708405_ScreenShot2021-02-21at09_27_43.png.2a880ec5ebde724c72259045c80fa173.png   

7 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Launch Finder, and select the Evernote folder

Enter Time Machine99902015_ScreenShot2021-02-21at09_19_30.png.c4857d12d250add0255f41a9490f69ce.png
You will see time navigation bars on the right side > Select your date
At the bottom of the screen click on the restore button

1148708405_ScreenShot2021-02-21at09_27_43.png.2a880ec5ebde724c72259045c80fa173.png   

Thanks. Will make an attempt as you suggested. Regards. Badri

Hi, I found that important note which was missing after a lot of struggle. The new update (10.6.9) has messed up a lot of settings, formats, fonts and internal organisation of the notes. After the update, that particular note was left as local note. That was very funny snd wasted my time, increased my BP.

It says “local notes” are the ones that were never synced and it was local to that laptop. And the new version (10.x) does not support local notes. I had to physically download that local notes and import it to the current version. 

actually, this particular note has been synced many times between my laptop and my hand phone during the time of creation & updated many times. I am surprised how they call it as local notes.

Anyway, BIG Relief and thanks for all your help. Regards. Badri

3405CF50-14A8-4C13-BFE6-5AB0AC741EB8.jpeg