Web Client - Print Note to PDF Problem

Dick M

Idea

I am using Evernote Web on my Windows 10 laptop (64 bit) and the Edge browser. I often share my notes with others by printing the note to a PDF file. For short notes (1-2 pages), this works fine, but for longer notes, the content is truncated starting on the second page. Microsoft Print to PDF, Cute PDF printer, etc., do not work. Changing to the Chrome browser gives the same result.

What works is opening the same note using the legacy Evernote app and printing the note using the "Print to pdf" menu selection.

I'd like to be able to print to pdf from the web browser. Do you have a verified solution?
  • Like 2

6 replies to this idea

+1 on this problem.  EN should be able to handle this - as every modern word processing software has this functionality since 1992.  Furthermore, users shouldn't have to "Print to PDF" they should be able to export  to PDF from EN via all clients.   Bonus points for being able to do this from mobile applications and "send pdf" to an app on the phone (like local email client, drive, messenger app, etc).

• Like 1

I get the same result simply printing a note from Evernote to the printer. I'm in Mac OS X 10.15.7. This has been a problem through several of the last updates, and it's pure frustration. I submitted this issue to support but never got a reply.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

No native preview.

The closest thing to it was choose „Print note“, go to the little pdf sub menu, and choose „Open in preview“. The note will open in the preview app, can be inspected and printed from there if o.k. It is a workaround, but a simple one.

However it is still hard to change print settings if the result is not sufficient.

If I print a note or "print to PDF," it will completely cut a the note off at the margins instead of adjusting the size to fit, rendering it completely useless. I have tried everything and cannot figure out how to get my notes into a format other than Evernote so I can use them. I've tried "scaling to fit" and adjusting the note itself.  Once again, my "wizard tool" for grad school is just causing me headache and extra hours of troubleshooting when I should be studying.