NO PRINT PREVIEW, JUSTIFY ALIGNMENT, PRESENTATION MODE

yks20

Idea

These are some of the most essential features and not having them in the new updates sucks. Currently can't do much about it as premium subscription valid till July. But would rather not renew it if updates continue to remove basic features. I'm sure this is the case with many.

• Like 2

12 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

Presentation Mode has been removed and isn't promised for the future. The print stuff is well established as not working and will, hopefully, be addressed. It certainly needs to be dealt with.

OK, there is a workaround. If you use MS Word, you can copy-paste there your text, make Justify alignment and then copy your text back to the note. I know it is an awful solution especially for Premium users, I just suggest.

• Level 5

Anybody can leave, why not. I think when mission critical features for the individual use cases are removed, one needs to review the status of any subscription. Personally I think there were some basic design decisions taken early in the redesign process, probably based on the capabilities of the framework used to implement the new clients. Software can evolve, and that does not always mean „more features and more complex“ - simplicity is the new better.

Personally I like the v10 clients, just hope they add some of the stuff that currently only works with legacy (but not deprecated).

From what I have seen when scouting the market, one really has to define his use cases first. There is no „one size fits all“ with note taking & document organisation tools. And bad news here - presentation mode will probably be hard to find.

totally agree that print preview should be there. But most importantly there should be a fit-to-page option. It should be possible to select multiple notes and "print" them to a single pdf file WHERE EACH NOTE is fit to page without images being cut across pages    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, for now Evernote 10.10.5 public has a hidden option for justify alignment. You could press Ctrl + Q and current paragraph will be aligned by both sides. No buttons for this action though. 🤔

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, AlexLu said:

So, for now Evernote 10.10.5 public has a hidden option for justify alignment. You could press Ctrl + Q and current paragraph will be aligned by both sides. No buttons for this action though. 🤔

Not that hidden given that it is in the list of keyboard shortcuts but a good find none the less 😃

image.png

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Nicksomename said:

In the 10.14 version the "ctrl + q" shortcut don't justify anymore. 

Good spot. In the keyboard shortcut list (ctrl + /) ctrl - Q is listed for both "Switchto.." and "Justify"

It may be they don't intend to keep the option to justify because it is not an option in the drop down  allignment menu so it was a feature that could only be accessed through a keyboard shortcut which is unusual.

22 hours ago, Mike P said:

Good spot. In the keyboard shortcut list (ctrl + /) ctrl - Q is listed for both "Switchto.." and "Justify"

It may be they don't intend to keep the option to justify because it is not an option in the drop down  allignment menu so it was a feature that could only be accessed through a keyboard shortcut which is unusual.

In my case these actions run one by one. I have justified text and then see search box. Very nice.

• Thanks 1